Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 - what does Sentry actually do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
Does naff all at night even if you walk around the car.
During the day it will occasionally if prompted hard enough wink the DRLs and show the HAL screen.
It doesnt send notifications to the mobile app, andI know we dont get to record video on usb with mcu1,
so am I missing some killer feature here, or other than that it does precisely nothing?

should qualify this a bit further by stating MCU1/AP2.0

as deterrents go though it is more likely to gain attention than dter isn't it - with kids trying to get the HAL "eye" on the screen,
and if it doesnt send a notification to the mobile app - what is the point of it?

Fully functional sentry doesn't send notification either. Probably a good job considering the number of sentry events (we play 'guess the number of sentry events' when we return to the car). You do get alarm notifications though (sometimes), but they are triggered different mechanism, such as tilt.

I just told my 2.0 S.

You cannot record to USB. The other features work. Eg loud music and notifications when triggered.

There was a rumour that the data is sent to Tesla and you could request it if needed. Not sure I’d be relying on that though.