Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU3 Release Date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no edit functionality on this board, not even for a short time?

Correction: In the paragraph "When will this new Intel Automotive platform be available?" the years are off, Q4/2019 should be Q4/2020 and "summer 2020" should of course be "summer 2021". Sorry, did not catch this before pressing post.

Reactions: AMehta
Unfortunately, there seems to be no edit functionality on this board, not even for a short time?

Correction: In the paragraph "When will this new Intel Automotive platform be available?" the years are off, Q4/2019 should be Q4/2020 and "summer 2020" should of course be "summer 2021". Sorry, did not catch this before pressing post.
You were dead in accurate on your summer 2021 prediction!

Now the question is.. how much and when can I upgrade my MCU1 directly to MC3? Anyone have guesses on pricing? And whether MCU2 is a mandatory step in that journey?

From Tesla? I think the question is whether Tesla will offer that upgrade ever. If the roadster keeps the portrait layout I would say maybe third party. If roadster switches to horizontal, I would say probably never.
Agreed, I believe it’s very unlikely that any infotainment hardware for new S, X, Cybertruck and Roadster will be offered as upgrade options for pre 2021 S/X

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec