Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Me Windows Open Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since updating to 2020.36 I started getting random window down notifications even tho no windows were down. Was told by Service that it was a software bug. Updated to 2020.36.3.1 the other day and still got the random notifications. I've disabled the notifications. Hopefully, they will get rid of the bug soon.

FWIW 2015 S70D just did the 2020.36.3.1. Parked the car today and about 10 minutes later got the 'some or all windows down' push notification, even though all are closed. I also presumed that a window calibration was needed, so I did the calibration on all 4 windows. Has not recurred yet.

One other thought--as I recall the windows are on the same 'circuit' as the door puddle lamps and red door safety lamps. I had upgraded the puddle lamps with AO ones (brighter), and recall that one time in the past I had the car in for service, and they did run some diagnostics and claimed that the lamps were messing up stuff on the CANBUS. So is it possible that there could be some interference on the CANBUS that sends out a false 'window down' message??

I got home last night from a weekend 500 mile road trip. Put the car in the garage, connect the wall charger to 70% and made sure the windows were up. I rec'd notification twice now that a window was not closed. I will have to try re-calibration when I get home tonight and wash the car.. Thanks for the tip. Hope that fixes it.

BTW, to help others, the configuration for sending or not sending these window notifications are under the car's "Locks" menu (for my Model 3). Took me a while to find where this notification was controlled because I kept looking for it in other places (phone app notifications menu, other places on the car menu, etc.).

Reactions: fiatlux