Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet Evie!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new (to me) car today, a 2020 Model X LR+, only 7k miles! White exterior, white 6 seat interior, chrome delete, 22" rims, my dream car. Have been looking for a used Model X for a while now and when this popped up it seemed too good to be true! If I were to order one brand new from Tesla this is the configuration I would get, so I consider it to be perfect. Even more perfectly, I am selling my 2020 Model 3P tomorrow, talk about good timing!

Left from the Central Coast (California) to Laguna Hills at about 5am and got there around 9am. The process was very easy (purchased through a private seller, said the MX was too small for their needs) and then back on the road! Coming from a Model 3 Performance I was very surprised and relieved that I didn't have much range anxiety the entire trip. The M3P is fun for the speed but I definitely will appreciate the range more. We only supercharged twice within the 252 miles, the second time being just to top up a little bit as we don't have our wall mounted "fast charger" installed yet. Charging was fast and again, no range anxiety whatsoever!! The trip home was super comfortable, I am really appreciating the adaptive damping, really makes a difference. It will definitely take some time to learn everything about the car and get used to driving it but I can't wait!

I decided to name the car Evie (like EV, but Evie... you get it). My M3P is named Parker, you can tell my family is a fan of the human but also somewhat car-related names for our vehicles. I plan on doing all weather mats eventually, rim protectors, matte screen protector, possibly wrapping the interior trim carbon fiber, and maybe upgrading the ambient lights inside to be brighter, a noticeable modification I made to my M3 in the past. I will include one of the only pictures I got when I picked it up, I will take more when the car is washed, possibly tomorrow. Nothing says welcome home like a grill, or lack thereof, full of bugs!

E6EB3320-F999-495B-929C-4375B94B5652_1_201_a.jpeg

Congrats.

I traded a 2018 3P for a 2019 LR X.
No regrets.

Screen protector is a bitch to put on. Took me 3 tries.

Maxpider mats for me. OEM ones are crap (bought and returned).
Thanks, yeah I am a little worried about the screen protector since there are no "edges" to just be able to peel it off from, like there are on the 3. Looking forward to having a matte screen though, so much nicer for fingerprints and glare from the sun!

That's my wife's exact color and configuration, except hers is a 2019 Pre-Raven. We've driven it from NY to the Fremont Factory tour a few weeks after getting it in 2019. 7,500+ miles in 2 weeks, 0 range anxiety! The FUSC was a big plus too. Now both our cars are FUSC.

Congrats and good luck with yours!
Wow, that's a big trip! The MX is definitely the most stylish car to do a road trip in! Just driving it these past couple days, it is so comfortable and I am actually looking forward to going on longer trips in it.

I picked up my new (to me) car today, a 2020 Model X LR+, only 7k miles! White exterior, white 6 seat interior, chrome delete, 22" rims, my dream car. Have been looking for a used Model X for a while now and when this popped up it seemed too good to be true! If I were to order one brand new from Tesla this is the configuration I would get, so I consider it to be perfect. Even more perfectly, I am selling my 2020 Model 3P tomorrow, talk about good timing!

Left from the Central Coast (California) to Laguna Hills at about 5am and got there around 9am. The process was very easy (purchased through a private seller, said the MX was too small for their needs) and then back on the road! Coming from a Model 3 Performance I was very surprised and relieved that I didn't have much range anxiety the entire trip. The M3P is fun for the speed but I definitely will appreciate the range more. We only supercharged twice within the 252 miles, the second time being just to top up a little bit as we don't have our wall mounted "fast charger" installed yet. Charging was fast and again, no range anxiety whatsoever!! The trip home was super comfortable, I am really appreciating the adaptive damping, really makes a difference. It will definitely take some time to learn everything about the car and get used to driving it but I can't wait!

I decided to name the car Evie (like EV, but Evie... you get it). My M3P is named Parker, you can tell my family is a fan of the human but also somewhat car-related names for our vehicles. I plan on doing all weather mats eventually, rim protectors, matte screen protector, possibly wrapping the interior trim carbon fiber, and maybe upgrading the ambient lights inside to be brighter, a noticeable modification I made to my M3 in the past. I will include one of the only pictures I got when I picked it up, I will take more when the car is washed, possibly tomorrow. Nothing says welcome home like a grill, or lack thereof, full of bugs!

View attachment 648944
Hi! Congrats on the new car. I recently purchased the 2021 Model X and I love it. I'm curious to know which rim protectors you used and would you recommend them? Thanks!

You have the name we were going to name ours but we spell it differently. Of course ours isn't going to be made until Sept best case, so there is that. Maybe we will have moved on to something else or a used one before that.
I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much by purchasing a before refresh model. Granted we haven't seen much information on the refreshed Model X, but from pictures it doesn't seem like anything I would be sad to not have. I think for the most part it comes down to the screen, whether you want it to be vertical or horizontal. I have a Model 3P and I love the horizontal screen, but I also like the vertical screen in the X for different reasons. Either way, "old" or not the MX is still an incredible car.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much by purchasing a before refresh model. Granted we haven't seen much information on the refreshed Model X, but from pictures it doesn't seem like anything I would be sad to not have. I think for the most part it comes down to the screen, whether you want it to be vertical or horizontal. I have a Model 3P and I love the horizontal screen, but I also like the vertical screen in the X for different reasons. Either way, "old" or not the MX is still an incredible car.
EVIE looks AWESOME, Congrats! Well, couldn't wait as now think it will be Nov. So yesterday bought a low mile, LATE 2020 (9-2020, red. white, 20s, 5 seat, FSD) on-line, sight unseen, 200 miles away. Only live once and got to take some chances.. It is so latem it might even have the H battery, having him check. It's in California and I need to get it shipped to Wisconsin. With the loss he took on 7 months ownership, I effectivly got the 'old' price with the bonus of FSD for free vs if I boughht back in Dec. And I get the car in 2-3 weeks, NOT 6+ months.

Only think going to miss heat pump and quieter interior if active noise cancel is good. The rest all steps backward in my opinion or things I never asked for. ($10K more, less range, smaller batter probably, yoke, missing stalks!!!, a PS5 in the back (big woop-de-do), chrome delete, vertcle vs Hor don't care as old is classis looking and well integrated into the dash) Of course these are all MY OPINION, You may LOVE the new screen or a PS5 for the kids. I wanted MORE RANGE, quieter and a heat pump. Got 2 of 3, but range is a biggy and they can't even say when I get it. Moved on to the used market and feeling pretty good right now.

Reactions: joeyjackson
EVIE looks AWESOME, Congrats! Well, couldn't wait as now think it will be Nov. So yesterday bought a low mile, LATE 2020 (9-2020, red. white, 20s, 5 seat, FSD) on-line, sight unseen, 200 miles away. Only live once and got to take some chances.. It is so latem it might even have the H battery, having him check. It's in California and I need to get it shipped to Wisconsin. With the loss he took on 7 months ownership, I effectivly got the 'old' price with the bonus of FSD for free vs if I boughht back in Dec. And I get the car in 2-3 weeks, NOT 6+ months.

Only think going to miss heat pump and quieter interior if active noise cancel is good. The rest all steps backward in my opinion or things I never asked for. ($10K more, less range, smaller batter probably, yoke, missing stalks!!!, a PS5 in the back (big woop-de-do), chrome delete, vertcle vs Hor don't care as old is classis looking and well integrated into the dash) Of course these are all MY OPINION, You may LOVE the new screen or a PS5 for the kids. I wanted MORE RANGE, quieter and a heat pump. Got 2 of 3, but range is a biggy and they can't even say when I get it. Moved on to the used market and feeling pretty good right now.
Wow what a deal, CONGRATS!! Be sure to reply with pictures once you get it! Evie is my first ever USED car purchase and it has definitely made used car buying feel a lot less foreign and scary. Sight unseen though, that's a big risk! I agree with you about the refresh stepping backwards in some aspects, it seems like practicality is being sacrificed for "cool factor" (especially that yoke and no stalks!!!).

Wishing you luck and hoping that everything goes smoothly with the purchase and shipping! Keep us updated!