Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Meet Model X: Exclusive Viewing"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Chicago and got the email for the event but by the time I tried to RSVP, the event was filled. Because I "Know" someone within Tesla, I reached out and they were able to arrange a private test drive earlier in the day of the event. I'm so excited. It's next week. I'll post comments and thoughts afterwards.

I think that the event will be fairly crowded because everyone wants to see the X in person. They might be pretty strict.

I brought my wife, kid and my good friend and it was not a problem at all. I also went back another day after lunch and test drove again and they were totally cool about it. Both times I went it wasn't that busy. They had several cars (5 or 6) and they only had a couple out at any given time. The rest just sat waiting.

I brought my wife, kid and my good friend and it was not a problem at all. I also went back another day after lunch and test drove again and they were totally cool about it. Both times I went it wasn't that busy. They had several cars (5 or 6) and they only had a couple out at any given time. The rest just sat waiting.
Yea I was there too and I was surprised that there weren't a lot of people.

Yeah it is actually pretty casual. They want to sell these things so the more the merrier. Plus two seconds with an X in real life is the best sales tactic. I didn't think I would like it THAT MUCH. I thought it would be a "tall S with some bells and whistles." This thing is the next step in the evolution chain of cars let alone SUV's.

I went to the event in Highland Park, IL today - there were very few customers... but the staff was TOTALLY clueless and couldn't answer a single question about Model X... just kept pushing me to finish configuration. They kept saying "they don't give us much information on the Model X", I thought the level of competency was totally unacceptable.

I went to the event in Highland Park, IL today - there were very few customers... but the staff was TOTALLY clueless and couldn't answer a single question about Model X... just kept pushing me to finish configuration. They kept saying "they don't give us much information on the Model X", I thought the level of competency was totally unacceptable.

That terrible. I went to the event in Greenwich, CT and the staff knew every detail about the X. Made the event incredibly fun!

Not denying your experience, but this could be a YMMV situation - I also went to the Highland Park event Saturday but had a very knowledgable person and was not pressured to finalize. It was pretty crowded around the red/ultra white/6 seat one they had inside when i was there, and the test drive of the blue/tan 7 seater P90D was awesome!

They weren't anything like that. quite the opposite actually.

I just got home from the Manhattan "Meet Model X" event (cocktail party, not the test drives). Seemed like there were more Tesla employees than customers there. Not sure if it was the rain that kept people away or they just didn't confirm that many people for it (or a combination of both). I had tried to confirm an hour after I got the reservation last month but the site told me it was already full. Then I got a call from an inside sales rep a couple of weeks later who said he could get me into the event. It was nice to see the X but kind of bittersweet too, given my situation. Got a pic of the one they had in the showroom which was close to my config (Blue, Black leather, black Alcantara headliner, etc.). Spending a bit more time in the X did get me thinking that the 7-seater is not the best choice if you plan to have adults (or big kids) in the rear row, particularly with the black headliner. It just feels too tight back there. The 6-seater feels much more open.

Also, I noticed that the carpet in the six-seater was completely seamless (sorry, no pic). It didn't look like the patchwork carpet that the earliest Sigs were getting (that had stitching where the seventh seat pedestal would have been).

20160223_204243.jpg

I just got home from the Manhattan "Meet Model X" event (cocktail party, not the test drives). Seemed like there were more Tesla employees than customers there. Not sure if it was the rain that kept people away or they just didn't confirm that many people for it (or a combination of both). I had tried to confirm an hour after I got the reservation last month but the site told me it was already full. Then I got a call from an inside sales rep a couple of weeks later who said he could get me into the event. It was nice to see the X but kind of bittersweet too, given my situation. Got a pic of the one they had in the showroom which was close to my config (Blue, Black leather, black Alcantara headliner, etc.). Spending a bit more time in the X did get me thinking that the 7-seater is not the best choice if you plan to have adults (or big kids) in the rear row, particularly with the black headliner. It just feels too tight back there. The 6-seater feels much more open.

Also, I noticed that the carpet in the six-seater was completely seamless (sorry, no pic). It didn't look like the patchwork carpet that the earliest Sigs were getting (that had stitching where the seventh seat pedestal would have been).

Sorry to see in your signature that you cancelled due to your driveway... are you interested in Model 3?

Sorry to see in your signature that you cancelled due to your driveway... are you interested in Model 3?
Yep. Hopefully the Model 3 will be narrower than the S and X. It will be tricky to keep two cars back there (Model 3 plus Highlander for people hauling) but we'll figure something out. Street parking is not fun with alternate side parking rules but we could leave the Highlander in the street some times and keep the Model 3 in the back. Back to waiting...