Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Meet Model X: Exclusive Viewing"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are correct about the tax credit, but the total price still does not add up, from the configurator today (do you see what I am missing?):

Model X P90D 108,000
*Including $7,500.00 Federal Tax Credit
All-Wheel Drive Included

EXTERIOR
Titanium Metallic Paint 1,000
20" Silver Wheels Included

INTERIOR
Black Leather Seats 2,500
Carbon Fiber Décor 1,000
Light Headliner Included
Seven Seat Interior 4,000

PERFORMANCE
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade 10,000
Active Spoiler Included
Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included

CHARGING
Supercharger Enabled Included
High Amperage Charger Upgrade 1,000

OPTIONS
Autopilot Convenience Features 2,500
Premium Upgrades Package 4,500
Smart Air Suspension Included
Ultra High Fidelity Sound 2,500
Subzero Weather Package 1,000
Towing Package 750

Destination & Doc Fee 1,200

Before the $7,500.00 federal tax credit, the price of this Model X is $147,450.00 . Tax credits either decrease your annual tax due or increase your annual tax refund – they do not reduce your amount due at time of delivery.

Agree, seem like they are double-dipping for the battery.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, the VINs they had on display are only a few dozen short of my VIN. I guess having had a pretty early build of the Model S, I am less worried about getting a "production beta" Model X - I know form experience that Tesla will work to make things right if needed.

It also validates my belief that there once they fix whatever supply chain issue they have, they are going to unleash a torrent of MX deliveries--January might be thin, but I think Q1 will be solid. If there was a fundamental issue with the vehicle, they would stop manufacturing altogether. Instead they seem to be building and then and buffering them at the SvCs.

Yes I was referring to the Dark Ash Wood. Here are a few more pictures:
IMG_2767 copy.jpg
IMG_2825 copy.jpg

I attended the event, first time seeing the Model X in person. My overall impression was that seating in the car is very tight, especially in the 7 passenger version. I suppose this is to be expected from a CUV, but I'm glad I was able to reset my expectations, resulting in us thinking carefully of our typical seating arrangements and ultimately changing our configuration from a 7 passenger to 6.

The 6 passenger configuration allows the 3rd row passengers to stretch one leg forward in the aisle, and is easier for the 3rd row passengers to get out. Also one of our seating scenarios will be two adults in the front, two child seats in the 2nd row with an adult in the 3rd row looking after the two 2nd row children. Without the open aisle there would be no space for the adult in the 3rd row to reach over and feed the 2nd row kids, hand them toys, iPads, etc. If we went with a 7 passenger, it would be far too tight squeeze for an adult + 2 child seats in the 2nd row, even with narrow car seats like the Radian RXT. With 5 passengers we lose some rear cargo space in the 6 seat configuration vs the 7, but I figured we could probably place a suitcase in the open space in the 2nd row if needed.

Rear view mirror visibility is very poor, especially with the 7 passenger configuration headrests in the way. Others have posted images online. The 6 passenger isn't as bad. The rear view mirror is very small, maybe 6-7" wide.

I'm 5'11" and my hair would touch the headliner when seated in the 3rd row as well as the middle seat of the 2nd row. Sitting with 3 adults in the 2nd row is very tight laterally. I felt those seating positions were best for small children or adults on very short trips.

On the surprising positives was the rear trunk space, even with the 3rd row seat up was very deep. I believe it would be possible to store most "average" strollers in there, but did not get to test it out.
The white seating is indeed very soft, more so than the leather. The employees seemed confident that they would wear better over time vs leather and be less prone to jean dye transfer, with the exception of the stitching, which I had not considered. One employee suggested using a tide pen to clean the stitching if it gets dirty/discolored.

Hope these observations are helpful!

You are correct about the tax credit, but the total price still does not add up, from the configurator today (do you see what I am missing?):

Model X P90D 108,000
*Including $7,500.00 Federal Tax Credit
All-Wheel Drive Included

EXTERIOR
Titanium Metallic Paint 1,000
20" Silver Wheels Included

INTERIOR
Black Leather Seats 2,500
Carbon Fiber Décor 1,000
Light Headliner Included
Seven Seat Interior 4,000

PERFORMANCE
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade 10,000
Active Spoiler Included
Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included

CHARGING
Supercharger Enabled Included
High Amperage Charger Upgrade 1,000

OPTIONS
Autopilot Convenience Features 2,500
Premium Upgrades Package 4,500
Smart Air Suspension Included
Ultra High Fidelity Sound 2,500
Subzero Weather Package 1,000
Towing Package 750

Destination & Doc Fee 1,200

Before the $7,500.00 federal tax credit, the price of this Model X is $147,450.00 . Tax credits either decrease your annual tax due or increase your annual tax refund – they do not reduce your amount due at time of delivery.

The $15,500 for the 90kWh upgrade is erroneous on that sheet. Base of $80k + $35.5k for the performance upgrade includes the 90kWh upgrade.

The $15,500 for the 90kWh upgrade is erroneous on that sheet. Base of $80k + $35.5k for the performance upgrade includes the 90kWh upgrade.
Yup. The window sticker price is definitely incorrect. Hope someone at Tesla catches that before they start shipping them out to customers. I seem to recall they screwed up the early stickers on the Model S too.

The total price of a completely loaded production Model X P90D (with every single option) is currently $152,450. This one says is $160,450 - $8K higher - and the total price on the page doesn't even match its own wacky options pricing (looks like the price is over by $15,500 but then they're deducting the $7500 tax credit from this incorrect price to get the lower (also incorrect) price).

Spoke to a couple of the production engineers over by the MX Skateboard they had on display. I asked explicitly about whether the cars come off the line in VIN order.

Answer:

For Model S, yes, they come in exactly VIN order. For Model X it's *very close* to VIN order. Every once in a while an adjustment needs to be made in the process and a MX will come off the line temporarily so another few MX will get ahead of it on the line and therefore they don't come off the line in exact VIN order, but not wildly off either.

What that means for me, since my VIN is 200 less than the VINS on display is that my car is definitely "done" as sales indicated, so I'm likely just waiting for Sigs to get theirs soon.

He was very hopeful that the MX ramp is going to crank up significantly soon.

Part of the line was visible and he said the mix of cars on the line there was representative of the current Model S and Model X build rates. Having watched the line fairly carefully every time it moved, I'd say that the ratio is 10-15 S for every 1 X right now.

Another interesting tidbit: As of Jan 4, the line runs 4 days a week with employees working 12 hour shifts, the other 3 days the line has maintenance done, adjustments, etc. Before that folks were working 5 days, 8 hour shifts. They voted to have a 3 day weekend and work longer hours.

Love this info! Thanks man!! We will have our cars very soon it seems...

Goes very well with the white interior too.

I wish they had a sign or told us there was a 5th X in that area, since I would have liked to show my wife the exact interior she selected. Based on those VIN's, thou, I expect to receive factory delivery within 2-3 weeks after the last US Sig is delivered, so probably a moot point after waiting almost 4 years now!

Spoke to a couple of the production engineers over by the MX Skateboard they had on display. I asked explicitly about whether the cars come off the line in VIN order.

Another interesting tidbit: As of Jan 4, the line runs 4 days a week with employees working 12 hour shifts, the other 3 days the line has maintenance done, adjustments, etc. Before that folks were working 5 days, 8 hour shifts. They voted to have a 3 day weekend and work longer hours.

[/B]I'm surprised with such a large backlog (and with plans to ramp up significantly) that they are not running multiple shifts.....

That does not mean they are not running multiple shifts per day. Where I work we actually run four 12hr 3/4 day shifts (alternate 3 day and 4 day work week for each shift people) per week. The plant (fab) is running 7/24 none stop. Those are very expensive captital equipments we have they need to be put to maximum utilization. I've heard quite a few of our production people were hired by Tesla. I won't be surprised if some of them brought this 12hr shift idea to there. Eventually Tesla could also have a 7/24 operation if need to.