Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Melbourne based installers for Tesla accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys - I’m looking at getting the frunk auto opening and closing accessories kit..

Has anyone had this installed by someone in Melbourne and second question is there a preferred kit that is superior over the others in terms of build quality, easy to install, works well etc ?

Assuming it integrates as part of the existing Tesla app / Ecosystem and doesn’t need a separate app to operate the opening and closing of the frunk?

Thanks!

If you are a member of the Tesla Club of Australia (and you should be) they have a whole catalouge of member benefits and discounts such as this in their members only deals and discounts.

Thanks I’m happy to join but just to clarify does the members only section have contacts on preferred suppliers and installers for modifications like the automatic frunk open/close function?

Did you install yourself or have it installed? Which brand / make etc? There are soooo many out there! Hard to pick.
Installed it myself.
I used a yuxi one but I think the satonic / hansshow ones are recommended.

Self install can be difficult but you can check out this video

You can also connect with Shiv (he’s in Melb) who can give you some guidance.

Installed it myself.
I used a yuxi one but I think the satonic / hansshow ones are recommended.

Self install can be difficult but you can check out this video

You can also connect with Shiv (he’s in Melb) who can give you some guidance.
Thanks based on this video, I'd be reluctant to do this myself and happy to pay someone who has done a few of these on the Model Y ... any suggestions?