Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Merging Builds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long takes typically to Merge BUILDS?

I want to register for the FSD beta but Im on 2023 build
I think it's only happened once in the life of FSDbeta where the normal release and FSDb release were the same base. That was late last year and even then it only lased a day or two, now its back to the usual many weeks/months apart (2022.45.x -> 2023.6.x which is 13 weeks)
Some folks have tried not installing updates when they're offered, but that will still takes however long it takes Tesla to catch up FSD releases with whatever release you car is already on.
You never know, FSDb 11.4 might be based on a 2023 build :cool:

Reactions: KArnold
I bet integration is a total nightmare with so many builds and forks out there. I think the version number refers to the build that's running on the ICE/MCU (instrument panel computer), and within that there are sometimes update blobs provided for the other computers like APE (Autopilot), or sometimes vehicle controllers (i.e. VCFront). I would guess that most of the FSD Beta changes would be inside the APE update and they just bump the ICE version number and the only change is inside the APE blob.

APE is its own self-contained system that runs Autopilot, but it still talks to the ICE computer to get navigation data and its the source of all the visualization objects, camera feeds, etc. So it could still be dependent on code that runs on ICE and maybe the newer versions are still not compatible.

If you have fully paid FSD then just sign up for beta and wait. The car will automatically not install any updates until FSD beta is newer than the car version.

If you’re planning to do subscription then stop installing any software updates now until you see that beta has been truly widely released in a newer version than your car, THEN subscribe. And you theoretically should be pushed the beta update shortly after that. And truly widely released meaning lots of regular people are actually getting the update, not based rumors or tweets or YouTube influencers.

I would just add the following into what @E90alex wrote:
If you’re planning to do subscription then stop installing any software updates now until you see that beta has been truly widely released in a newer version than your car, THEN subscribe [and be sure to request FSD beta on the Autopilot/ FSD options screen]. And you theoretically should be pushed the beta update shortly after that.
It's the FSD beta request that actually puts you in the queue to receive the beta development software updates. Otherwise you're just subscribing to production FSD and it won't stop mainstream updates that will keep you ahead of the FSD beta builds.

Reactions: E90alex