Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't heard of any plans, though I haven't paid much attention to it since the USG recommendation is not to make that drive.
Been going almost every year around the holidays to MZT from PHX via the pacific route with my Taco. Never had issues or encountered such thing. Just travel by day and mind ya business and your good.

I want to do the ELP, CHI to DGO route soon in my M3P.

Been going almost every year around the holidays to MZT from PHX via the pacific route with my Taco. Never had issues or encountered such thing. Just travel by day and mind ya business and your good.

I want to do the ELP, CHI to DGO route soon in my M3P.
I'm glad you haven't. My job is to help the people who do have issues and there are a lot of them. Enough to keep me and a team of 6 others busy, and that's with us only helping US citizens.

Anyone done the Tucson to Santa Ana Sonora drive with no additional stop in Nogales? Second time taking my Tesla Model 3 Standard (range 262) through Mexico. Heading all the way to Cuidad Obregon so you can imagine last time it was a pain the ass. The Santa Ana supercharger wasn't open last time so I just used the following destination chargers: Started with a full charge in Tucson from the supercharger. Stopped at the Fiesta Inn in Nogales MX for 3 hour to top off before heading to Santa Ana. Stopped in Santa Ana another 2 hours. Arrived in Hermosillo and spent the night at Fiesta Inn where the car fully re-charged. Drove to Ciudad Obregon and charged at another fiesta inn for a few hours. Then drove to a small village where my family lives and hired an electrician to configure a charging port for me at the house. It was a hassle. Tucson to Santa Ana is only 143 miles so I feel like it would be fine but I still get nervous.

Anyone done the Tucson to Santa Ana Sonora drive with no additional stop in Nogales? Second time taking my Tesla Model 3 Standard (range 262) through Mexico. Heading all the way to Cuidad Obregon so you can imagine last time it was a pain the ass. The Santa Ana supercharger wasn't open last time so I just used the following destination chargers: Started with a full charge in Tucson from the supercharger. Stopped at the Fiesta Inn in Nogales MX for 3 hour to top off before heading to Santa Ana. Stopped in Santa Ana another 2 hours. Arrived in Hermosillo and spent the night at Fiesta Inn where the car fully re-charged. Drove to Ciudad Obregon and charged at another fiesta inn for a few hours. Then drove to a small village where my family lives and hired an electrician to configure a charging port for me at the house. It was a hassle. Tucson to Santa Ana is only 143 miles so I feel like it would be fine but I still get nervous.
143 miles should be no problem. The elevation is about the same between the two, so as long as you aren't battling a fierce head wind, snow, sub-freezing temperatures or a combination of them, you should be just fine. My long range car (dual motor, so less efficient, without heat pump) shows about 275 rated miles when full, and I wouldn't hesitate to make that trip.

F58D20F2-B769-4BA4-A7A0-026DFF95F0C4.png