Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Michelin offers the new Pilot Super Sport Acoustic in 21" sizes !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are excited to get our first allotment of Michelin's new Pilot Super Sport Acoustic tire in both 245/35R21 and 265/35R21 sizes. (No work on when we will see the tire in 245/45R19, sorry).

Michelin has developed a custom designed polyurethane foam that adheres to the inner shell of the tire that helps decrease road and impact noise. This new feature, combined with the superior traction that we have enjoyed from the Pilot Super Sport from its introduction a few years ago, makes the Pilot Super Sport Acoustic an outstanding option for any Model S owner looking to maximize (summer only) traction and minimize road noise !

I'll have more information as we have a chance to get to know the tire better !

Probably too early to have lots of info but if you can share ETA on availability and pricing. I'm in the market for new tires and will hold off if it will be available soon as well as parity with current PSS pricing.

Thanks
We have limited stock right now in our Indiana warehouse only, but once this batch is sold out we do not expect replacement inventory until next year. The Pilot Super Sport is not available in the rear 265/35R21 size for comparison , but the Acoustic tire is approximately 23% more expensive than the "standard" Pilot Super Sport at today's pricing. Hope this helps !

Crap-o-la. I just saw this today and placed my tire rack order, but they're all gone. Bummer. On back order now, guessing they aren't here until springtime. Will look around and see if I can find anywhere else. Sounds like I just missed getting the last two by a few hours. :)

Crap-o-la. I just saw this today and placed my tire rack order, but they're all gone. Bummer. On back order now, guessing they aren't here until springtime. Will look around and see if I can find anywhere else. Sounds like I just missed getting the last two by a few hours. :)

We are sold out of the rear tire size, with no firm ETA before the end of the year. Sorry !

I actually have the PSS tires in size 245 front and 265 rear. I got them with my new facelift car and I specifically asked for these acoustic model tires. These are with the TO and Acoustic designation. They were apparently the last set in Europe for now. Cannot try them as I already had to change Nokia R2 winter tires due to subzero temperatures and ice here...

I forgot to add the "official" Michelin information from their website;

Michelin Acoustic Technology

I hopped on a set of these and am pleased with the results.

Has Michelin issued any repair instructions or pdf for puncture repair for the PSS with the Acoustic liner?

I know Conti did for theirs. I doubt many tire shops have much experience yet fixing a puncture on tires like this (In fact, one of the guys at my shop wondered if they were supposed to remove the liner before installation!).

I would like to have that in the glove box. For some unknown reason, the fat sticky PS2s were amazing nail magnets, and I'd expect the PSS to do the same.

So, they don't salvage the foam section. They cut it out. I did a plug/patch on a Conti Silent and the real challenge is getting the adhessive under the foam down to a rubber surface, that you can grind smooth. Took a lot of scraping.

Michelin has a doc they are supposed to send called "Inspection and repair procedure for Michelin tyres with Acoustic Technology.pdf" but it has yet to appear in my inbox.

The sent a link but the server requires a password. Following up.

Haven't got it yet, but they supposedly emailed me the text of it.

Handy to have in the glove box if in the middle of nowhere with a nail to give to the guys at the shop that have never seen a tire with a liner.