TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for 22"

Discussion in 'Model X' started by hellohithere, Sep 27, 2019.

1. hellohithere

hellohithere Member

I saw that Michelin has the Pilot Sport 4S tires available for the 22" wheels now. Has anyone tried these? Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
  2. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

That’s a pretty penny! I loved them on my 3. You could take an on ramp at 60mph and not even squeal.

I had the A/S3 on the X and it was the best wet/dry tire so I would imagine these would be a dream.

3. thevaibhav

thevaibhav Member

Just installed the continental dws06 on mine.. the price difference and lack of thread warranty got me to decide against the 4S sport..

4. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

I hope you can claim the warranty. We got 18K miles out of the DWS06

5. Alex310

Alex310 Member

I have zero traction issues on my raven performance, wouldn’t really see the point spending double the amount on these.

• Like x 1
  6. thevaibhav

thevaibhav Member

I got mine from discount tire.. the price for all 4 installed with road hazard warranty was just a shade over 1K.. They said warranty for the front is 50K miles and the back is 25K miles..

he said warranty will not apply to the tires that came on the car from the manufacturer, but only if we get them retail..

In your experience, is that not true ?

7. hellohithere

hellohithere Member

From my experience, these Michelins perform extremely well in the rain and are unusually quiet. Of course much more grip in corners/handling than OEM and etc but I'm mainly interested them just in hopes of reduced tire noise compared to OEM.

• Helpful x 1
  8. hellohithere

hellohithere Member

I'm hoping they'll make the A/S 3 for the 22" X wheels. I had them on an Audi S4 and they were perfect.

• Love x 1
  9. spectrum

spectrum Member

It’s time at 17k miles where my OEM Pirelli’s are nearing the end of their life. I was originally thinking of getting another set of Pirelli’s but now this seems enticing. The Pirelli’s have foam inside. Do these Michelin 4S have foam in them? How do they compare in terms or road noise and longetivity? That’s really what I care about most!

10. GazUK67

GazUK67 Member

Anyone have the 4S’s yet and can speak to the comfort and quietness of these tires?

11. spectrum

spectrum Member

Just had these installed a couple weeks ago. They are quieter than OEM Pierelli’s. Also extremely soft and comfortable (albeit only after they have warmed up a bit). Handling has become extremely agile!

• Like x 2
  12. hellohithere

hellohithere Member

That is awesome. Would you say the noise and ride quality is slightly or noticeably better than Pirellis?

• Love x 1
  13. blitzpa

blitzpa Member

I have the PS4S on my BRZ. Didn't know they were available in this size. I'll almost certainly put these on my 22's come spring. I am on 20's with Pirelli scorpion winter tires currently but looking at these for next season. Thanks for sharing!

• Like x 1
  14. zackmilo

zackmilo Professional moron

Friend put them on their LWB Range Rover. Completely changed the way the car drove.

• Like x 2
  15. spectrum

spectrum Member

It's EXTREMELY better. I barely hear the road, and barely feel any bumps at all. Literally if the Pirelli's made 6/10 road noise (10 being loudest), the Michelin PS4S are like a 2/10 or maybe even a 1/10.

Comfort, they're about 2x as smooth. There are brick roads and potholes I have to drive over every day and I rarely feel them anymore. Seriously, these are the best tires for this car (as long as you don't live somewhere where it snows more than 2-3 days a year).

• Like x 5
  16. spectrum

spectrum Member

I'd dare to say that the Michelin PS4S tires alone made my pre-Raven Model X drive almost the same as a Raven with Pirelli's.

• Like x 3
  17. elitsav

elitsav Member

Dare Not!!!, I think you are right. I just got these installed earlier this week and my range on the Raven has improved noticeably. Only drove ~100 miles so far, so still early to say. But have long trip next week; Chicago to DC. So will see how well the current numbers hold up. So far I love everything about them.

• Like x 3
  18. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

so figure just under $2k for the set ?

19. spectrum

spectrum Member

I paid like $1,500 out the door at Discount Tire!

• Informative x 1
  20. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

oh nice.......thank you
    I’m pushing 37k on my original pirellis and think I will try these next