Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus Tires - 18"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not interested....I want to stay with an All-Season tire.....but yes, naturally a summer time will be more grippy.

Yes we have the same Tire, the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3+, which we got for some winter driving up here in New Hampshire. It's a phenomenal tire, and if you have an all-wheel drive version of the model 3 I think it's good enough in the deep winter, except maybe in snow Belt states. And in the dry it's shockingly close to the PS4. Not as close in the wet perhaps, where the PS4 has got to be the best tire ever including even most track tires.

I used to think that high efficiency tires with low rolling resistance would also have long life. I look forward to the day one of the competition releses an all weather tire for us with a better lifespan in miles. 25k for an all season tourer is really low right?
On the flip side, glad to hear there is a more flexible option than the PS4s for a sport feel.
Thanks

I used to think that high efficiency tires with low rolling resistance would also have long life. I look forward to the day one of the competition releses an all weather tire for us with a better lifespan in miles. 25k for an all season tourer is really low right?
On the flip side, glad to hear there is a more flexible option than the PS4s for a sport feel.
Thanks

Tire longevity is such a mix of factors including things that are impossible to quantify like driving Style, and how much you take advantage of the instant on torque of the model 3. Treadwear ratings are often times really misleading in that regard. So 25000 miles for an all-season touring Tire is probably about average for the model 3. I've seen some owners report significantly less than that and some more.

I Just replaced my OEM primacy tires after 35k on my model 3 with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus for 18" tire size. I've noticed immediately the steering seems very "smooth and loose", is that mostly because they are brand new tires? I feel the "comfort" and "standard" setting for driving options almost feels the same... I felt the OEM primacy tires were more stiff on the steering, which is what I prefer. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks.

Have you checked your pressures? High or low pressures can change the response and feel from a ride and steering feedback standpoint. Especially if the Model 3's factory setup calls for 42psi. That would make any tire a bit stiffer. AS3+ have a sweet spot around 32-36 psi as their sidewalls are already very stiff compared non sport tires.

For reference I run AS3+ on my E46 M3 convertible for the extra treadlife and PS4 on my F80 M3 for Max grip and performance. The PS4 are truly the best street tires from that perspective. They have a close to perfect blend of wet/dry grip, comfort, low noise, excellent wear for a grippy tire, and good rim protection.

Reactions: dfwatt
Most (all?) new tires are delivered with a sealant that takes some miles (100?) to wear off. Something to keep in mind.

Have you checked your pressures? High or low pressures can change the response and feel from a ride and steering feedback standpoint. Especially if the Model 3's factory setup calls for 42psi. That would make any tire a bit stiffer. AS3+ have a sweet spot around 32-36 psi as their sidewalls are already very stiff compared non sport tires.

For reference I run AS3+ on my E46 M3 convertible for the extra treadlife and PS4 on my F80 M3 for Max grip and performance. The PS4 are truly the best street tires from that perspective. They have a close to perfect blend of wet/dry grip, comfort, low noise, excellent wear for a grippy tire, and good rim protection.

Interesting, I checked all the tires are roughly 42 psi. Maybe I have to give it some more time for the tread to wear, but was wondering if anyone experienced this or bring it to Tesla to see what the issue is.