Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan - Final Bill for the car

mdanieltech

Mar 12, 2021
Chesterfield, MI
I'm looking to get the standard Model 3 no other items to be added to the car... Looks like right now it's $37,180 something

I'm interested in the following

1) Can someone tell me the full price of the car all said and done? I tried to get with a online person at Tesla but they didn't want to disclose the info until I put $100 down
2) Yearly Registration for MI for the Model 3 how bad is it?
3) Do I need to travel to Ohio to get my car or will they bring it to a local MI center (Troy or Clarkston)

Thank you!
Mike

adamw13

Mar 10, 2019
Bucks PA
I would also love to know this. At one point, I got this info from somewhere - but I can't remember where or how. So not sure if it's still accurate. But it was something like this ....

Destination Fee $ 1125
Doc Fee $ 75
Sales Tax $ 3000 (varies by state and the base price, of course)
Tire Fee $ 7
License Fee $ 275
Elec. Filing Fee $ 30
Registration $ 258 (also varies by state)

chymerix

Feb 22, 2021
NYC
I would also love to know this. At one point, I got this info from somewhere - but I can't remember where or how. So not sure if it's still accurate. But it was something like this ....

Destination Fee $ 1125
Doc Fee $ 75
Sales Tax $ 3000 (varies by state and the base price, of course)
Tire Fee $ 7
License Fee $ 275
Elec. Filing Fee $ 30
Registration $ 258 (also varies by state)
My tire fee is $10 and I don’t have a license or electronic filing fee in New York.

iaflyer

Sep 21, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
In Michigan, I paid $438 for my latest 1 year registration for a 2018 LR RWD.

They will deliver the car in Clarkston - my friend just made his payment and is waiting for the date to pick it up in Clarkston.

Sales tax is 6% in Michigan. I don't know if they are having you pay that upfront or when you register the car at the Sec. of State. I think it depends on how Tesla's agreement with the State of Michigan works. (ie, where it the car technically delivered)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC