Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan - Final Bill for the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to get the standard Model 3 no other items to be added to the car... Looks like right now it's $37,180 something

I'm interested in the following

1) Can someone tell me the full price of the car all said and done? I tried to get with a online person at Tesla but they didn't want to disclose the info until I put $100 down
2) Yearly Registration for MI for the Model 3 how bad is it?
3) Do I need to travel to Ohio to get my car or will they bring it to a local MI center (Troy or Clarkston)

Thank you!
Mike

I would also love to know this. At one point, I got this info from somewhere - but I can't remember where or how. So not sure if it's still accurate. But it was something like this ....

Destination Fee $ 1125
Doc Fee $ 75
Sales Tax $ 3000 (varies by state and the base price, of course)
Tire Fee $ 7
License Fee $ 275
Elec. Filing Fee $ 30
Registration $ 258 (also varies by state)

I would also love to know this. At one point, I got this info from somewhere - but I can't remember where or how. So not sure if it's still accurate. But it was something like this ....

Destination Fee $ 1125
Doc Fee $ 75
Sales Tax $ 3000 (varies by state and the base price, of course)
Tire Fee $ 7
License Fee $ 275
Elec. Filing Fee $ 30
Registration $ 258 (also varies by state)
My tire fee is $10 and I don’t have a license or electronic filing fee in New York.

In Michigan, I paid $438 for my latest 1 year registration for a 2018 LR RWD.

They will deliver the car in Clarkston - my friend just made his payment and is waiting for the date to pick it up in Clarkston.

Sales tax is 6% in Michigan. I don't know if they are having you pay that upfront or when you register the car at the Sec. of State. I think it depends on how Tesla's agreement with the State of Michigan works. (ie, where it the car technically delivered)

In Michigan, I paid $438 for my latest 1 year registration for a 2018 LR RWD.

They will deliver the car in Clarkston - my friend just made his payment and is waiting for the date to pick it up in Clarkston.

Sales tax is 6% in Michigan. I don't know if they are having you pay that upfront or when you register the car at the Sec. of State. I think it depends on how Tesla's agreement with the State of Michigan works. (ie, where it the car technically delivered)
$438 for registration 🧐 I thought MI was based on final sales price for tabs? I bought a 10 year old Lexus that USED TO be worth 80k and got hammered on my tabs not realizing this before but $438 is about $100 more than the tabs on my Lexus, is there a gas surcharge in MI?

Yes, Michigan charges additional $135 Electric Vehicle fee on a Tesla.

From Secretary of State web page:

Electric vehicle registration fee
(Empty weight of 8,000 pounds or less) $135 ($100.00 Electric fee + $35.00 Electric Gas tax fee)