Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car serviced yesterday. They picked up the car in the morning at 8:30AM and dropped it off at 9PM. Loaner not available so got a rental from enterprise paid by tesla. If I knew i would get my car same day then i did not even need the rental.

There were 3 bulletins that were performed. 14000 miles on the car and 4.5mm tread left seems like needs new tire at 25,000mi. Called them in decemeber and got an appointment for jan13. Called them before 12500mi on the car.

Bulletins:
1. Front Lower Control Arm Washer Installation (Replace 2 Front Knuckles and 4 Lower Control Arms, Install 4 Front Lower Control Arm Washers)
2. C-Pillar Brightwork Creak (Apply Loctite on C-Pillar Brightwork on Both Sides, Clean Area)
3. Rear Window Regulator Reinforcement Clip (Removed rear door panels, found no reinforcement clips installed. Installed clips on RR and LR window regulators.)

Other than the above got
- inspection
- tire rotation
- I complained about TPMS messages that appeared occasionally. They said i had an outdated version and it got replaced.
- seems like the wiper blades were replaced part of the service. Saw this on the work order
-- BLADE ASY-WIPER RH 1
-- BLADE ASY-WIPER LH 1
-- BATTERY LITHIUM COIN 3V 20MM 1 (not sure what this is)

Hi, I got my Red Model S last year (ELCTRIC is the # plate) . Sorry it took me this long to register and introduce myself. I have seen couple of Model S's around and had one grey Model S owner blink lights at me on Wixom Rd. Whoever that is, here is my "hi" to them :). Very happy and proud to be part of Tesla family. I live in Novi and I absolutely love my car.

Hi, I got my Red Model S last year (ELCTRIC is the # plate) . Sorry it took me this long to register and introduce myself. I have seen couple of Model S's around and had one grey Model S owner blink lights at me on Wixom Rd. Whoever that is, here is my "hi" to them :). Very happy and proud to be part of Tesla family. I live in Novi and I absolutely love my car.

Welcome! Are you a Signature (red) owner or general production red? That may have been my neighbor who flashed his lights, "hello."

What is your full configuration?

Hi Michigan folk,

I was at the Highlandpark Tesla service center to use the supercharger. While there I met the gentleman who stated he was the future manager of the Detroit Tesla store. He was very pleasant and noted Tesla was working hard to get the store done. I think the Detroit store is fairly symbolic for the company and I wondered if the future opening might be be made even better by having a lot of teslas and owners there as a show of support. I spend much of my time in Chicago with a weekend place in the St Joe Michigan area. I bet I could talk some of the Chicago owners to come. Thoughts? (I would think Many Michigan folk will go)

@hkreddy, congratulations on your model s. Welcome to the club. Look forward to meet you soon at an event.

@sunnysailor, thank you for the heads up. There have been rumors for a while about Detroit service center, but nothing has happened. Even saw a company car with CA license plate in proposed area. Few members heard that service manager and lead tech have been appointed. Service manager was getting training at Columbus service center initially. I just gave my car for service in December and the talk was that service center will open up in less than 2 months. Spoke with lead tech when he brought my car back from service, he also mentioned that service manager is currently in Chicago. Lead tech lives in nearby suburb. I was disappointed to learn that service center is still few months away. I totally agree detroit service center is pivotal for the company. We would love to welcome Tesla in the area. We have collaborated with the company for an event and were ready to have a big support party with first Michigan supercharger. However that turned out to be in St. Joseph, didn't have much heads up on the location and was a blizzard on the opening day. Hopefully we can do something big this time. Please let us know if you hear anything about this in future.

Where is the rumored site of the Detroit service center? I'm still disappointed that they haven't announced any plans for a Detroit store or gallery. The best we get is one week a year at the auto show, which I have to say looked an awful lot like a Tesla store minus the merchandise sales.

Where is the rumored site of the Detroit service center? I'm still disappointed that they haven't announced any plans for a Detroit store or gallery. The best we get is one week a year at the auto show, which I have to say looked an awful lot like a Tesla store minus the merchandise sales.

Farmington Hills / Novi

It makes most sense to put it in Farmington Hills (Hills Tech Drive). We'll see what happens...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Michigan folk,

I was at the Highlandpark Tesla service center to use the supercharger. While there I met the gentleman who stated he was the future manager of the Detroit Tesla store. He was very pleasant and noted Tesla was working hard to get the store done. I think the Detroit store is fairly symbolic for the company and I wondered if the future opening might be be made even better by having a lot of teslas and owners there as a show of support. I spend much of my time in Chicago with a weekend place in the St Joe Michigan area. I bet I could talk some of the Chicago owners to come. Thoughts? (I would think Many Michigan folk will go)

That is a good idea. Once the site is determined, we can plan accordingly. I was told in August 2013 that The Detroit Service Center would be open "before the end of the year."

Michigan Tesla Club - 2014 Events

Hope everyone was well over the winter. It should start warming up soon. Please see below for few events that we will plan this year. Planning will start soon, please let us know if you can help with one or multiple events. This is based on the last years events. Please inform if any other events can be added.

(1) June 7, 2014, Saturday: 6th Annual Michigan Electric Vehicle Show and Rally (MEAA Event)
- Same as last year, we will partner with MEAA
- Michigan EV Show (MichiganEVShow) on Twitter
- https://www.facebook.com/michiganevshow
MI EV Show.png

(2) July 12-13, 2014, Saturday:
Saline Celtic Festival. (MEAA Event)
- Dan Scherer displayed his Model S here last year. The booth was a hit among festival goers and booth has been upgraded this year. This year MEAA booth will have 4 EVs, 2 of them will be Tesla.
- https://www.facebook.com/SalineCelticFestival

(3) July 18-20, 2014: TMC Connect (TMC Event)
- TMC will be organizing this event as a followup to TESLIVE

(4) June - July 2014: Tesla Motors Service Station - Detroit Grand Opening
- We are patiently awaiting opening of Detroit Service station
- Only wild guess based on rumors, was told by lead tech that it will open within next 6 months in December
- Service manager and Tech currently already recruited, currently working at Columbus and Chicago
- Please inform if you have an update on this.

(5) August 16, 2014, Saturday:
Woodward Dream Cruise
- Last year we had a get-together at michiganmodels place. TM had sent in a representative at our event and had a separate drive event. We hope to replicate the same this year
- Event though will depend on the availability of the space

(6) September 15-21, 2014:
National Drive Electric Week (PlugIn America and MEAA Event)
- PlugIn Day has been rebranded as National Drive Electric Week this year
- We had 2 events last year on this day and will have an event this year as well
- Please check the website as it gets updated with 2014 info later.

(7) September 12-14, 2014: TeslaTime (TeslaOwners Event)
- TeslaOwners are organizing a regional event in Midwest for the first time
- This event will have conference and expo

Last edited:
DTE EV plan

Hi fellow MI Tesla owners! I am expecting the delivery of my model S in next 2-3 weeks. I have a Tesla recommended electrician coming in to install the NEMA 14-50 plug. He plans to pull a separate line from our meter outside the condo and bring it directly to the garage (will have a subpanel). We will be using this line to charge the MS.

My question is, can we still participate in DTE's EV plan (cheaper charging at night). I know that rebate for the installation has expired long ago but can we at least participate in the EV rate plan. Do we have to have the plug installation done by DTE for us to participate in that plan? Anyone has any experience with this? I will really appreciate the information. I tried calling their phone line for EVs and could not reach any personnel despite multiple attempts!:mad:

Hi fellow MI Tesla owners! I am expecting the delivery of my model S in next 2-3 weeks. I have a Tesla recommended electrician coming in to install the NEMA 14-50 plug. He plans to pull a separate line from our meter outside the condo and bring it directly to the garage (will have a subpanel). We will be using this line to charge the MS.

My question is, can we still participate in DTE's EV plan (cheaper charging at night). I know that rebate for the installation has expired long ago but can we at least participate in the EV rate plan. Do we have to have the plug installation done by DTE for us to participate in that plan? Anyone has any experience with this? I will really appreciate the information. I tried calling their phone line for EVs and could not reach any personnel despite multiple attempts!:mad:

Yes you can still participate in DTE's off-peak rate. You do not need DTE to install the plug. The only requirement is a separate meter. Have your electrician install a separate meter box for your electrical service. You or your electrician will contact DTE to install the separate meter. DTE Energy - Get Plug-In Ready...You have Options!

Send me a private message if you have any other questions.

April Events

(1) Washtenaw Community College (WCC) Earth Day Celebrations
- WCC (site of last year's PlugIn Day) is inviting Tesla Owners in MI to display their vehicles
- Thursday, April 10, 2014 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm

(2) MEAA Spring Meeting 2014
- Saturday, April 19, 2014 from 1:00 pm onwards
- Agenda: Planning for 6th Annual Michigan EAA EV Show at Schoolcraft on June 7, 2014
- 11271 Ridge Road, Plymouth, MI
- Contact: Bruce Westlake and Larry Tuttle - [email protected]

12000 mile trip in Tesla Model S

Follow the trip at below locations:
Twitter: @plugshare # EpicEVTrip PlugShare (plugshare) on Twitter
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plugshare
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/.../1099384.../sets/72157642548130285/
We will have enough notice about this trip unlike company rally. As the trip comes closer, we should applaud this effort in our backyard by welcoming them at Mishawaka, Angola and Maumee.

12,000 mile, 18 day Tesla Supercharger trip around the USA