Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan UP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robocop

Jul 10, 2017
US
Not sure if this is the right thread, but has anyone else driven a Tesla up to the UP of Michigan, or through it? We have a cabin up there, and are getting our Tesla next year. But with superchargers alone, we are just outside of possible range. I suspect I'll need to research alternative chargers, and spend a decent amount of time at them.

That said, there are TWO planned for the UP, one for over 500 days! And Canada is connected up top, so this seems like one of those weird gaps as it is an unpopulated area, but a very visited one (vacation homes and cabins).

vm0gBCe.png

Any experiences up there? We'll be getting a LR Y, so approx ~300 miles range.

• Love
Reactions: Robocop
Use the app PlugShare and you can find other chargers where you will be. Maybe some nice businesses set up destination chargers. There were a few around when we went to North Carolina away from superchargers. We charged free at a restaurant and at an outdoor mall that were both very close to the house we rented.

Where are you headed? My father-in-law lives near Marquette. I was able to go thru WI, stopping in Grand Rapids and charing to 100%. That left me plenty to get to Marquette. There's superchargers coming to the Meijer there. but as of three weeks ago, I didn't see them.

There's a standard ChargePoint in the parking garage downtown. 2 ports active. It's on PlugShare.