Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MicroSD TeslaCam problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t seem to find this issue anywhere, so I’m creating a new thread: had a regular USB drive for Tesla Cam since the feature was rolled out. At first you’d have to take the USB Key inside and wipe the videos when it got full, then I thought it started manually over writing the older clips, so I can’t remember the last time I had to take the USB key out of the car (plus when it would go funny I could just format it on the car). Decided to replace the regular USB with a combo MicroSD and USB MicroSD reader. Was a bit finicky to set up, car didn’t immediately recognize it, but then it let me format the drive on the car and things worked great for the last month or so. Now I have had a “memory card almost full, delete files” error. I don’t remember seeing this before with just the regular USB. And now the car won’t let me format the drive from the menu in the car. The button is greyed out regardless of if I’m parked or driving etc…

Has anyone had this issue? Am I misremembering having to wipe the USB key manually in the past? I thought there was an update that removed the need to do that? Can you delete videos on the car in any way? Or are you still required to take the USB to a laptop and format or delete files there?