Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a 164 page document by the city of Winnipeg inputting a suggestion for a Supercharger along route 90. If anyone wants to read or finds any hint on the location, great! I think that we should note that Polo Park is located along Rte 90.
https://winnipeg.ca/PublicWorks/construction/pdf/route90-2018/FINALRoute90Phase2PEReport20180913.pdfView attachment 375157
Wasn't it already determined that Polo Park was the designated location?

I just looked through this PDF, but don't see any charger reference(s). What page(s)?

Wasn't it already determined that Polo Park was the designated location?

I just looked through this PDF, but don't see any charger reference(s). What page(s)?
I don’t know where in the document. If you want to flip 164 pages go ahead, and I also don’t think this says anything important for so much.

The V3 SuperCharger will be unveiled Wednesday. I suspect/hope the delay in building out the network from Sudbury to Calgary was to wait for the V3 SuperCharger. Primarily they would be used for long distance, rather than urban charging and the Trans-Canada would be the perfect use case for them. Maybe we'll finally see construction on this section through Canada in 2019. We've been waiting long enough.

So, who in Saskatchewan will be going out to search for the "under construction" supercharger?

I'll be checking the likely suspects on my way though next month, but surely we have some Swift Current/Regina/Moosomin residents that frequent this site...

Here's to hoping 2019 is finally the year for the prairies!
I’d like to see Elon’s source, honestly.

Can't imagine he'd say he's asked twice and been told it's under construction without it being under construction. Just as easy to "promise" for this summer.
"Across Canada" on the other hand would take what? Every 2nd or sometimes 3rd one on the "coming soon map" between Sudbury and Calgary? 12-15 new openings across the vast expanse.

Can't imagine he'd say he's asked twice and been told it's under construction without it being under construction. Just as easy to "promise" for this summer.
"Across Canada" on the other hand would take what? Every 2nd or sometimes 3rd one on the "coming soon map" between Sudbury and Calgary? 12-15 new openings across the vast expanse.

It might be agreed and in the process. This is the guy who had "funding secured", after all.

I'd expect the emphasis would be on Alexandria, MN and the rest of the connection to Winnipeg, MB and then expanding Calgary, AB and Winnipeg, MB. When you have that, and add a couple in New Brunswick, you could at least drive from/to almost all of the major population centers in Canada. (Sorry, S'toon, but maybe you can beg Tesla to add Davidson, SK once Regina, SK is done. And sorry Newfoundlanders, it's a bit of a gap, and it'll have to wait).

Then this one will probably be V3, for long-distance charging. And they’ll probably install a full 6 stalls, and when the Semi is released, it will be reserved
Don’t V3 SCs have four SC units or each one MW cabinet? Therefore I would think it makes sense that they do the SCs in multiples of four. So Moosomin should be four or eight units.

I asked some questions regarding the Moosomin Supercharger news, here is what I found out:
In Moosomin they have a deal with a landowner and will be building their station at the east end of the parking lot of The Red Barn/Dano’s. Stantec’s Edmonton office took out the building permit in Moosomin. Stantec has done the engineering and will be getting bids within the next few weeks. with construction this summer.

FU*KING FINALLY SOME PROGRESS HERE.

I asked some questions regarding the Moosomin Supercharger news, here is what I found out:
FU*KING FINALLY SOME PROGRESS HERE.
Finally actual proof of a Supercharger in Sasky! But I can definitely imagine the look on your face when Tesla will skip the Prairies for another year.
5D2C298C-BA8B-4E63-8918-DB8DD1646F38.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
PlugShare shows a ton of chademo/ccs chargers going in at PetroCanada and Canadian Tire stores along the TransCanada too. Does anyone know when some of those are due for completion?

We can only speculate, but there's history for Canadian Tire. During the first round of funding there were 25 Canadian Tire/FLO sites announced in December, 2016 :

https://globalnews.ca/news/3108798/...lectric-vehicle-charging-stations-in-ontario/

The first site was completed four months later in April 2017 :

First of 25 new FLO fast chargers now in service at Canadian Tire Gas+ in Milton

Another went online in November 2018, 23 months after the original announcement :

New Charging Site Now Open at Canadian Tire Gas+ in Etobicoke

I am not sure if any of the original 25 are still not built, or were completed after November 2018, but 4-23 months is already a rather long range. For this second round of funding, perhaps experience from the first round will make everything go a bit faster. Also, the clock has already been ticking for sometime now. Canadian Tire/FLO were notified last year that their bid was accepted, but the announcement was held back. (For political purposes Ottawa wanted to wait until 2019). So, my guess is between two and 18 months for Canadian Tire/FLO.

As for Petro-Canada, we have nothing to judge by. Their pilot site in Milton, ON was completed before they even announced it and did not receive federal funding. Do they own the sites, or will they have to negotiate with franchisees?
2 x 350 kW at each site is a lot of power, so they may have planning and electrical hookup issues.