Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight Silver Metallic question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends. I am considering trading my S in for the X -- looking at either silver or midnight silver metallic.

My S is black and, while I love it, it has been very difficult to maintain -- swirl marks, etc. It was a demo car and had been machine washed a bunch before I got it -- so I had a correction and coating initially and then again about 3 years later.

I like the look of the midnight silver metallic, and I understand that darker colors are more likely to show swirls -- but does anyone have any experience with this issue? Any midnight silver metallic owners have any input about this issue?

Thanks in advance,

J

I have a MSM MX. Swirls are not as bad as black, but you still get them. It's a darker color, so to me maintenance was a concern (all my other cars are white and they are so easy to maintain). So I wrapped mine in Xpel Stealth. I am a happy camper now.

I own a car dealership and a body shop and any dark color will show more marks so dark blue, black and dark grey are very close as far as getting marked up. The lighter the color the easier it is to repair and keep clean. White and silver are the best to hide marks but personal preferences are something different.

Reactions: rjdoc74
Midnight Silver is a combo of 5 colors in the paint -- blue, red, black and others which show up in bright sunlight.. The finish and clear coat doesn't seem to swirl. I clayed mine about 6 months ago and polished with my orbit polisher. The finish remains flat and clean. I did not "seal" the finish, but just wash and clean with detailer since. I have no issues with the paint finish or appearance.

Reactions: jbm2002