Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight silver with tan interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love it.
Tesla 4.jpg
Tesla 3.jpg
Tesla 2.jpg
Tesla 1.jpg

Any pictures of this? Is it a decent combo, with the matte wood.
Completely subjective question, but in my opinion...no...awful.

There used to be a light grey interior that was really nice with the dark grey colors.

Not sure what they are calling dark grey now. When I first started looking, I was in to the dolphin grey with light grey interior.

Then it was just called grey for a while.
Now it's midnight metallic silver I think.

Mine has black interior. To my eye, that's the only color that works with the dark midnight grey.

Titanium silver though...looks awesome with tan interior in my opinion.

I had placed my order for the Dolphin Grey with beige. But they discontinued it while I was waiting and called to offer me any color at all for no extra charge. I was really tempted to get the MC Red. It's lovely. But I am not really a red car kinda guy. Even though I do love it. So I went with the (then) Steel Grey (now) Midnight Silver (WTF?) and I absolutely love it. I had black on black for years, as I really do think it's the best combo. But it is just so much much darn work-and hot! It is totally a matter of personal choice. There is no wrong answer. Though I might argue with pink on green...

I am very happy with my choice and even if I could magically change it, I wouldn't. I have since added some red highlights, which help to add some visual interest. Though my friend says it looks "gangsta"!
Alloygators 1.jpg

I drive a 2nd-hand S85 in that exact color combination. The moment I laid eyes on the car (and its color) I knew: yes, that will be mine. It feels lounge-y and is inviting, it looks elegant and makes us feel at home. One caveat, though: it is a end of 2014 model with the then standard-dashboard, not the black alcantara one. Not sure, if I would go for the combo with the black alcantara being part of the package bringing in yet another texture and color hue.

Nice photos. Tan to me is the best interior color for the Model S. We've always had light interiors in cars and find that to be open, airy, and inviting. I find black interior to be gloomy.

Never had any issues with "dye transfer" from clothes or dirt. One of our Mercedes is about 8 years old now and the light interior is still pristine. About once a year we apply a good quality leather cleaner and then a conditioner and that is it.