Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

Minnesota desired SuperCharger locations (General location)

• Minneapolis/St. Paul

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Rochester

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Duluth

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • St. Cloud

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Mankato

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Winona

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Bemidji

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brainerd

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Fargo (ND)

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the quick action in Bloomington and Maple Grove, I would expect that either Vadnais Heights, Lino Lakes, or Monticello will shortly be next. It would be greedy to think that all 3 will occur soon, but with a Monticello permit popping up very recently, I would expect that one will be next, even though it is the least needed since I-94/I-494 has suddenly gotten supercharger “crowded”. Bloomington helps on the South, but a charger in Lakeville or Faribault would have been much more helpful for the I-35 south route.
With any luck, a supercharger along the North Shore would really be great, and one along 61 to the southeast, maybe in Red Wing or Winona.

Reactions: Cyberjr and MarkoC
With the quick action in Bloomington and Maple Grove, I would expect that either Vadnais Heights, Lino Lakes, or Monticello will shortly be next. It would be greedy to think that all 3 will occur soon, but with a Monticello permit popping up very recently, I would expect that one will be next, even though it is the least needed since I-94/I-494 has suddenly gotten supercharger “crowded”. Bloomington helps on the South, but a charger in Lakeville or Faribault would have been much more helpful for the I-35 south route.
With any luck, a supercharger along the North Shore would really be great, and one along 61 to the southeast, maybe in Red Wing or Winona.
I had the same thought, so I swung by Vadnais Heights on Friday and there's no indication of any construction either in the Target lot, nor in the strip mall nearby. I'll dig up that thread and post that information there, too.

New Superchargers currently being installed at Target in Maple Grove.

Attachments

• Target.jpg
    Target.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Cyberjr
Have you tried calling Tesla at ‭(877) 798-3752‬ to ask about it?
No. Past experience calling usually results in a very polite Tesla tech with a very generic answer to the issue and its eventual resolution.
I am not even traveling right now, but I do sometimes use this route to/from Duluth so I was curious how serous and lengthly the issue is (for future reference). And I was surprised to not to see more complaints/concerns, but oddly there is no discussion thread for the Hinkley supercharger, and “boots on the ground” often have more direct info relevant to the issue. I guess this location is less critical now that Carlton and North Branch have superchargers. Well, unless you like to roll in to every charger with 2% SOC in order to get a maximum charging rate. :)

No. Past experience calling usually results in a very polite Tesla tech with a very generic answer to the issue and its eventual resolution.
I am not even traveling right now, but I do sometimes use this route to/from Duluth so I was curious how serous and lengthly the issue is (for future reference). And I was surprised to not to see more complaints/concerns, but oddly there is no discussion thread for the Hinkley supercharger, and “boots on the ground” often have more direct info relevant to the issue. I guess this location is less critical now that Carlton and North Branch have superchargers. Well, unless you like to roll in to every charger with 2% SOC in order to get a maximum charging rate. :)
Hmmm I've always had very knowledgeable employees when I've called who have been able to pull up diagnostics on the Supercharger & tell me specifically what the issue is.

Reactions: Cyberjr
More is always better, but…
We don’t really need more superchargers on the north side of the Twin Cities right now… (Maple Grove, Monticello, North Branch have shored up the north/northwest region for now)
Yeah, Bloomington helped a lot; so will Eagan.
But, why can’t we get something in Lakeville, or Faribault, or Owatonna. Or Red Wing or Winona?

I also think Tesla needs to look at Faribault, Owatonna, or Medford.

I think Iowa needs Clear Lake, and either Ames or Story City to fill gaps on 35 north of Des Moines; they also need to work on the Des Moines to Kansas City corridor, thinking Osceola or Van Wert would be near ideal from a spacing standpoint between West Des Moines and Bethany, MO.