Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

Minnesota desired SuperCharger locations (General location)

• Minneapolis/St. Paul

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Rochester

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Duluth

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • St. Cloud

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Mankato

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Winona

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Bemidji

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brainerd

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Fargo (ND)

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the new locations we have been discussing are now on Tesla’s find us map as comming soon: Two Harbors, Tofte, Blaine and Eagan, plus one we didn’t know about, Owatonna.
Seems like a pretty good “spread” for 2023. Hard to complain about those.
Would be nice to see Virginia and Willmar on the list to better cover some out-state areas though.

Reactions: Cyberjr
I was shopping with wife today at Target burnsville and best buy apple valley on 42. Just amazed how many cars and shoppers. But there was strip of the parking lot furtherest away from doors. Empty spots about 10-12 of them. This had to be one of the busiest shopping days. Don’t understand why these Targets aren’t under consideration. Hundreds of cars in this area and 100k people in area. Its right off interstate.

You may want to check the superchargers in the navigation system before you go - the pricing changed again. In the metro area, Robbinsdale went to a three-tier time of use structure; Maple Grove went up slightly; Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Oakdale went down in price, and at Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, and Bloomington, the peak price was changed but they remain on a two-tier time of use structure, albeit with the times that rates change modified.

Now that the year is half over. Where is discussion going for 3rd and 4th qtr headed for MN-IA-WI-SD/ND. Are we finally getting south metro or Iron range in MN. Northern W or UP of MI. Dakota since the buildout of Montana. Lastly, the tesla future supercharger site will be unveiled soon.

Where does everyone think MN’s newest SC will be…Virginia, International Falls, Grand Rapids, Ely, Roseau?

I personally hope for Virginia or Ely. Just three or four more SCs and the state will be essentially covered.
Superchargers in or near the Cities will continue to pop up. One of those will likely appear and come online before anything else.

Grand Rapids and something near Perham would be useful gap-fillers, so I'd have those locations on a near-term watch list.

Virginia and International Falls will certainly get superchargers at some point.

Reactions: DMC5180
Superchargers in or near the Cities will continue to pop up. One of those will likely appear and come online before anything else.

Grand Rapids and something near Perham would be useful gap-fillers, so I'd have those locations on a near-term watch list.

Virginia and International Falls will certainly get superchargers at some point.
Outside the metro… I would bank on Grand Marais.
But, off topic slightly… I would love to see some focus on northern WI.

Imo, the best indicator of Tesla’s intent are the options given for the quarterly supercharger voting. That would imply Virginia, International Falls, or Grand Marais in northern MN, and Lakeville, Chanhassen, or St. Cloud closer to the cities.

Last edited:
My top priority for a new SC would be V3 in Albert Lea or just slightly south of there into Iowa like in Clear Lake, IA. Our S90D doesn't quite have the range to make it from the Twin Cities to Waterloo on 1 charge except in ideal summer conditions. And Albert Lea being small & V2 is a slow stop.

Reactions: superflyrolla