Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor Accident (Dashcam Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, I dunno about this. Your X was not expecting to be knocked around like that. Your X may be traumatized from the incident.
I'd take it in to a car therapist and let it have a couple of sessions. Did you get health insurance for your X to cover such events?

Makes me think about my S now too. Hmm, need to call USAA and discuss it with them. Thanks for this thread.

I will take it to the factory on the way back if I have time, hopefully that will cheer it up :)

• Funny
Reactions: xkwizit and Akikiki
Thank you very much. If you have a loan, I'd check for GAP coverage. Full Auto Glass is good since that is an expensive windshield.
Lastly, ensure they will only use Tesla OEM parts. Those are details that don't show up on the basic coverage stuff!

I am not sure what my windshield coverage is, I believe they let you choose your body shop.

IMG_1078.PNG

And now my Tesla got disconnected by a volt and left the adapter stuck in my car. I just watched him from my dashcam and remotely sounded the horn :) but he didn't plug me back in

But the app is a bit weird now??

Wow. You need a remote controlled Tesla Coil to shock people who mess with your car. Hit them with all 90kw of stored energy.

I think I have enough to make it to the Gustine Supercharger (208 miles) but I won't be leaving until the evening and will be doing some local driving. It's also 43 outside so vampire drainage will be high.

Hopefully the volt will plug me back in, or else I will have to check my X once again in the middle of the night.

I think I have enough to make it to the Gustine Supercharger (208 miles) but I won't be leaving until the evening and will be doing some local driving. It's also 43 outside so vampire drainage will be high.

Hopefully the volt will plug me back in, or else I will have to check my X once again in the middle of the night.

Volt can charge for up to five hours. Don't think they will plug you back in until they leave, if at all.

Honestly if you need to be somewhere, unplug them. I have a Volt too and battery power is a nicety, not a must have. So what if I have to gas up once a month - I'm not stranding a BEV to save 1.5-2 gallons of gas.

Reactions: Andyw2100 and K-MTG
Even if you see a hairline scratch in your bumper, don't sweat over it. Bumpers are there for that purpose. And in any case I am sure you will get a ding here and ding there over the next year or two, and all the hassle of fixing this seemingly cosmetic thing is not even worth your time and hassle.

Just my 2c..

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you see a hairline scratch in your bumper, don't sweat over it. Bumpers are there for that purpose. And in any case I am sure you will get a ding here and ding there over the next year or two, and all the hassle of fixing this seemingly cosmetic thing is not even worth your time and hassle.

Just my 2c..

That's one consideration for installing the expensive xpel wrap. It does a good job for the minor stuff. It's usually insurance time if something gets past the film and into the car.