Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor curb rash - Gemini wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got too close when parallel parking.

I know I can take them to a pro, but is there ANY over the counter product that will cover this minor rash?

20200825_181243.jpg 20200825_181250.jpg

Get a fine grit sandpaper or sanding block to smooth it out a bit. Then cover with silver automotive wheel touch up paint. Easy to find via google. Should match well!
Buy the exact color for even better results. Apollo wheel is Sonic Silver, WPB-8838-3.

I just repaired a similar scratch on my Uberturbines, code WPB-82422E. Bought the exact coded aerosol spray from an online vendor (you could probably ask a paint shop to mix the same). I tried 2 similar looking paints from an automotive store but when sprayed on a sample it didn't quite match.

I didn't sand the scratch down perfectly, just used a very fine paper to get the rough stuff out, sprayed on the paint, and then finished with a matt clearcoat. Looks good enough for me. Next time I will sand it all perfectly and fill with aluminum paste if needed.