Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor scratch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used DWV on my last M3 for a small dent/scratch in the rear bumper
They came back with a quote of £200 + VAT - Was that the going rate? I had slightly bigger scratch last year and Chips away came with a £150 quote for my other car (Smart). May be this is a Tesla, so higher price? But if you read this forum it will make you think you have got the cheapest car on earth :)

They came back with a quote of £200 + VAT - Was that the going rate? I had slightly bigger scratch last year and Chips away came with a £150 quote for my other car (Smart). May be this is a Tesla, so higher price? But if you read this forum it will make you think you have got the cheapest car on earth :)
I think it was £185 all in when I had it done, but that was nearly 2 years ago now. Inflation etc. will likely have impacted that.

Its worth noting, DWV will have quoted based on pictures of this damage but your £150 for Chips Away is just a historic price from your memory. You may find that, even though you remember Chips Away being cheaper last year, once they have assessed this they may come back more expensive than that, or even more expensive than DWV.

Got a quote from Chips away for £150 + VAT. Not familiar with them or their work - anyone knows how good is their work for a small scratch?- need some painting and fill as required, repaint and blend according to them.
Interesting that they come back cheaper for you, I've always had quotes from them higher than any other competitor. Maybe it's where I live 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: spdpsba
Got a quote from Chips away for £150 + VAT. Not familiar with them or their work - anyone knows how good is their work for a small scratch?- need some painting and fill as required, repaint and blend according to them.
Chips away did their painting and fill - looks good, just two very tiny spots not able to blend. Overall good work 150+VAT. The £200 discount I had from Tesla had gone into this repair :-(. Will post a picture.

repair :-(. Will post a picture.
IMG_2529.jpeg
IMG_2557.jpeg

In the process of getting rid of my 2020 M3. There’s a paint chip on the rear left arch. Would you bother repairing it or just accept a lower final value? Thinking of putting it on Autotrader for a few weeks as technically my lease is not up until the 1st April & I’ve already taken delivery of a MY.

IMG_7070.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7069.jpeg
    IMG_7069.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 9