Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor scratch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2529.jpeg
Ouch, that is my first scratch on the Model Y. It is small but in a visible area. I am not sure whether T cut is enough for this or need more than that or need some professional scratch removals like Chips away?. I think it still falls within the 5cms range for the PCP/lease car returns, so not in a hurry to fix it. But bit of an eye sore! Any thoughts??

View attachment 1012060Ouch, that is my first scratch on the Model Y. It is small but in a visible area. I am not sure whether T cut is enough for this or need more than that or need some professional scratch removals like Chips away?. I think it still falls within the 5cms range for the PCP/lease car returns, so not in a hurry to fix it. But bit of an eye sore! Any thoughts??
You gotta zoom in on the picture more so we can see less context. I'm being sarcastic, but you get the meaning? Might get some good feedback by posting on Reddit.

Polishing that is not going to hide the damage unless you have pro-level abilities with an orbital polisher and a wide selection of cutting compounds. However, a DIY level of competence might still be able to make it look less 'raw' and to a point where you are happy to live with it.

Where about on the car is it? Give it a wash and try giving it a polish and please do post an 'after' picture. Good luck!

Reactions: spdpsba
I wondered if I was looking at the wrong thing and that what I was looking at was a bird sh*t when OP asked about T-Cutting it 🤦‍♂️
Hey cmon, I have ignored major scratches and dents without worrying about it. I would have left it as it is - thats what I normally do. But was wondering whether this would get better with T cutting as I am not an expert like you guys on DIY works?

Hey cmon, I have ignored major scratches and dents without worrying about it. I would have left it as it is - thats what I normally do. But was wondering whether this would get better with T cutting as I am not an expert like you guys on DIY works?
Apologies, I didn't mean that to come across as being harsh. I genuinely wasn't sure if I was looking at the wrong thing because that does (at a glance) look like a bird poo 😁 and there is a smaller scratch next to it.

• Funny
Where do you get that EZ fix. And bumper medic means something like chips away?
I dont think "EZ Fix" is a product, I think its just the user telling you its an easy fix with a paint pen... 😉 and I imagine that the Bumper Medic is the likes of Chips Away, yeah.

On the note of bumper medics, I used DWV on my last M3 for a small dent/scratch in the rear bumper - couldnt fault the guy, couldnt tell where he had done it even though I knew where it was!

Polishing that is not going to hide the damage unless you have pro-level abilities with an orbital polisher and a wide selection of cutting compounds. However, a DIY level of competence might still be able to make it look less 'raw' and to a point where you are happy to live with it.

Where about on the car is it? Give it a wash and try giving it a polish and please do post an 'after' picture. Good luck!

If the paint has gone....and best I can tell from the photo it has ...it doesn't matter how good you are with a machine polisher and cutting compounds, it aint going to be fixable that way!!!!!

We had a similar damage to our rear bumper (careless driver in a school parking lot). After ludicrous repair estimates from two Tesla-approved repair places we took ours to a recommended local place and after repair it looks as good as new. I think we paid £350.