Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirror Assault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I agree that the mirrors shouldn't unfold when you walk up to the car. If you're just putting something in the car for later or walking by when working in your garage/driveway it certainly puts unnecessary wear on the motors. Would I call it a major issue? Nah, just a minor inconvenience at least as long as the warranty covers the motors.

Personally I agree that the mirrors shouldn't unfold when you walk up to the car. If you're just putting something in the car for later or walking by when working in your garage/driveway it certainly puts unnecessary wear on the motors. Would I call it a major issue? Nah, just a minor inconvenience at least as long as the warranty covers the motors.

+1
I try to minimise this minor irritant by not carrying the key fob around in my pocket unless I'm specifically going to go inside the car. You could of course disable auto-fold completely from the settings, but then you would have to manually fold/unfold the mirrors all the time. But I simply don't find it enough of an issue to resort to going fully manual.

Nice... I can't otherwise my sons FWD will be on the tight side and won't open far enough for him to easily get in and out... How about Tesla give us options rather than "park different"...

Jeff

You've always got the option to fold the mirrors manually with the button. Might not be the ideal solution, but it's not asking THAT much of you is it? Note that when you fold the mirrors manually before exiting the car, they stay folded when you next approach (even when set to auto fold). It's a feature I sometimes use when parked on narrow streets to avoid the mirrors unfolding when I approach the car.