Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors losing position more often

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, this is more of an annoyance I have been dealing with more and more it seems with later updates:

Often the side mirrors end up in wacky positions. Most of the time its when switching from reverse to drive, they dont return from the downward tilted position. Its hit and miss, and sometimes the left mirror sometimes the right. The 'fix' I do when this happens is to change to either my 'easy entry' driver profile or any other profile, then switch back to my main one. That resets the mirrors to the correct position.

I would say this is happening to me once every day or so now. Curious if this is something others have been dealing with. It does seem to have gotten worse, and just last night I updated to 2019.20.1 and it is still happening. Seems like a bug to me rather than a hardware failure since switching profiles sets the mirrors correct again.

I've had this happen before when switching between profiles, had to select my profile twice for the mirrors to adjust correctly. Although, I haven't had this happen lately, seems like it may have been fixed for me in one of the more recent software updates (I think it was the x.12 update?)

@pcons both side of the mirrors tilt down while in reverse position? :confused: I got my SR+ delivered two days ago so I'm not so sure about this. I only see left side mirror tilt down while reverse. Am I missing something here?
Definitely both should tilt down. Don't see why it would be different in an SR+. If you make a new driver profile with different positions do both mirrors move?