Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misaligned hood or collision damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
I thought it was a simple hood adjustment but maybe it's more?

I wound down the adjusters on each side and it's better but I don't think its enough adjustment and hood is starting to dip below the fender on driver's side. Has anyone had any experience with this on an older model s? Obviously I can go down much further on the passenger side, but thought I'd get some feedback. Much appreciated!

This is my 2016 P90DL. I have more pics but this site won't take them, they're all too big straight out of the iphone. I'll upload some more later. It doesn't look too bad here but it's horrible in person.

IMG_4367.JPG

The hood looks aligned properly down the left side to the headlight, then it is off all the way down to the oval, then aligned the rest of the way up and down the other side. Looks like the headlight and right front "bumper" are too low.

Reactions: easyev
If all else fails
Open the hood.
Put a piece of wood or something where it is low.
Bring the hood down and carefully and gently push on it to give it more curve.
Alternately put washers under the fender screws in the low area
or put screws in sideways to provide a ledge for the hood to rest
against.
I had a fiberglass aftermarket Corvette hood I got to fit better with these methods.

Last edited:
Seems like someone has taken the bumper off and had some trouble to get it properly back. Before you attempt any hood adjustment it’s wise to take a look at the bumper and adjust it as should. It obviously means to remove and see underneath.

Reactions: DerbyDave
That is simply how the can look. Some of them do, some of them don’t, the first gen was not exactly consistent in how the were put together.
You can get it maybe a bit better when you remove the front fascia and fenders, and put it back together using some (a lot) shims.

That is simply how the can look. Some of them do, some of them don’t, the first gen was not exactly consistent in how the were put together.
You can get it maybe a bit better when you remove the front fascia and fenders, and put it back together using some (a lot) shims.
You’re probably right! It’s at Tesla right now getting the NAV update done and they’re going to have a look at it to see what’s going on.

It looks like the frunk is sticking up more than it should?

Here is mine, taken just now. I have taken it off/on a few times and also have some issues. If you look close you can see that the front edge under the passenger headlight is protruding more outwards than the other side. It needs to be at the right fixing place to settle right. Sorry for the reflection, it old foil to protect from rising sun.

68353600-B5C7-4200-99F0-807FBED8623F.jpeg

• Love