TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Missed connection: Model S breakdown in Shelbyville KY

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Nedfunnell, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Nedfunnell

Nedfunnell New Member

Earlier today, I spotted a Model S being loaded onto a flatbed at a Thornton's gas station in Shelbyville, KY. I wanted to stop and see what the problem was, but I was on my way to a wedding and could not spare the time.

If this was you: what was wrong? I hope you were not being towed for lack of charge- I lived less than a mile away and have a NEMA 14-50 in my garage! Sorry I could not stop and offer help. I figure most MS owners are wise to PlugShare, so you might have been in touch if all you needed was a charge, since I am listed. I hope it turned out alright.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

It could have been as simple as an unrepairable tire.

3. Nedfunnell

Nedfunnell New Member

True. There is a tire shop within sight, but who knows if they had the right tire or if the owner would have wanted to take his wheel off and roll it down instead of a tow. There were two tow trucks there, though; I got the impression there was some difficulty.

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Remember that Tesla will load cars for transportation to maintenance, and loaners while your car is being cared for. I have heard multiple people question their "seeing broken down cars being towed" when this is usually not the case. I suggested that Tesla use covered carriers to maintenance to prevent this misconception.