Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing ECU/Charge Port Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my (previously) ECU-less car on Sat (see details here SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room), with all the inspection steps I forgot to ask about how low the battery was but I wouldn't expect that they'd tell me. The car was at 72%. I'm don't think there's a way to get history of the state of charge in any way though so we'll probably never know.

Also I saw the remains of the glue from the charge port sticker on the car, but it comes off easily with the alcohol spray they use at tesla.
Glad to hear you were able to pick up your car! It's unfortunate that they couldn't at least clean the car up and charge it for you. I guess I'll have to add a stop at a car wash after I pick mine up, hopefully tomorrow.

Finally got the update that the part came in and the delivery is set for tomorrow at 4pm. Fingers crossed everything is still okay and delivery actually happens. Got lucky and the charge port ECUs are starting to roll through in FL.

Finally! Wish you the best! It seems like the Florida service centers are doing something right getting these parts in. I'm in California only a few hours away from Fremont and my service center has no idea when the parts will be in.

Picked mine up today. Slight delay while they cleaned and charged it, but otherwise a smooth process. A couple small issues that need to be addressed but nothing major. But it was definitely love at first sight! Now I just have to find the right name!

Attachments

• 9AE4D3D2-0F09-476E-BF20-07F9AEA1D9FE.jpeg
    9AE4D3D2-0F09-476E-BF20-07F9AEA1D9FE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 109
Congrats! Just got the txt to schedule my delivery. June 11 is THE day. I'm happy like an elephant. Does anyone follow a list of things to check at delivery?
To be honest I had a checklist ready but I just looked for anything major and obvious as I wanted to get the car already and go! Mainly looked for paint issues, panel gaps, roof alignment, chips, dents, etc.

Finally! Wish you the best! It seems like the Florida service centers are doing something right getting these parts in. I'm in California only a few hours away from Fremont and my service center has no idea when the parts will be in.
I m In MD, I got my Vin # on May 27th and since my dates are keep pushing ahead, delivery day is setup for June 10th currently but i have doubt since its changed several times since I got Vin #.

Reactions: TCM3P
I’m going on week 4 of having my VIN assigned to me and still no update on the part coming in…meanwhile my co worker who placed his order just two weeks before me in February already took delivery of his Model 3 LR. I wouldn’t be so upset if I didn’t rent a car the day they assigned my vin. Orlando fl

Reactions: NNM3 and TCM3P
I’m going on week 4 of having my VIN assigned to me and still no update on the part coming in…meanwhile my co worker who placed his order just two weeks before me in February already took delivery of his Model 3 LR. I wouldn’t be so upset if I didn’t rent a car the day they assigned my vin. Orlando fl
I feel for you on that. The SC’s lot in WPB was close to empty, they are gearing up for the end of quarter push so I presume they’ll be getting a batch of ECUs to make their numbers look better.

I got a message few days ago saying that they got the parts and are working on it.

Waited a couple of days of that and got no response. So I decided to stop by the dealership and asked them what’s holding up?

The manager told me that they got the part but not the screws to hold the ECU in place. This is really pathetic to hear such amateur reasons from such a reputed company.

I paid off in FULL on May 3rd and have nothing to show for it. This is such a traumatic experience. I have no idea when there will be an end for this helpless situation.

I got a message few days ago saying that they got the parts and are working on it.

Waited a couple of days of that and got no response. So I decided to stop by the dealership and asked them what’s holding up?

The manager told me that they got the part but not the screws to hold the ECU in place. This is really pathetic to hear such amateur reasons from such a reputed company.

I paid off in FULL on May 3rd and have nothing to show for it. This is such a traumatic experience. I have no idea when there will be an end for this helpless situation.

It's not only Tesla. Mercedes is more reputable and has been in the automobile business for 77 more years than Tesla.

My friend just received an email from a very big Mercedes dealership that her custom order is not getting front power seats. "A220, CLA, GLA, and GLB models are coming built without power front seats due to a parts shortage."

Reactions: TCM3P

Absolutely annoying. I know where you’re at and feel your anxious, pain from here…I thought people should kick rocks when they said “it’ll be worth it once you have it” but it seriously is. You’re only a week or so out…hang in there!

It's not only Tesla. Mercedes is more reputable and has been in the automobile business for 77 more years than Tesla.

My friend just received an email from a very big Mercedes dealership that her custom order is not getting front power seats. "A220, CLA, GLA, and GLB models are coming built without power front seats due to a parts shortage."
Wow. So you can't adjust the seat. I'm assuming they aren't giving these to customers? Seems like a safety liability.