Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing option for the Asia Market...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When is Tesla going to add parking sensor as an option?

I just can't think of how many times my wife and myself is going to scratch the car when she is trying to go though the busy traffic and extra tide carpark in Hong Kong...

I have had a test drive on 26-Jan2013 in cyberport.

The driving experience is great, Thanks to Tesla's promotion team.
I am so interest to put my deposit to reserve a first batch of the Tesla model S.
However, I would like to know how's the performance of the "General Production series" compare with the "limited-edition Signature Series". As the test drive is on the ride of the "limited-edition Signature Series". Although the limited-edition is very attractive, but I think I could not afford that price :redface:. So I would like to know the "General Production series" 's performance. Is the acceleration that good? and which battery is the best fit for my needs, so many questions, and I really want to have MS asap :tongue:

I have had a test drive on 26-Jan2013 in cyberport.

The driving experience is great, Thanks to Tesla's promotion team.
I am so interest to put my deposit to reserve a first batch of the Tesla model S.
However, I would like to know how's the performance of the "General Production series" compare with the "limited-edition Signature Series". As the test drive is on the ride of the "limited-edition Signature Series". Although the limited-edition is very attractive, but I think I could not afford that price :redface:. So I would like to know the "General Production series" 's performance. Is the acceleration that good? and which battery is the best fit for my needs, so many questions, and I really want to have MS asap :tongue:

Signature and General Production are identical, performance wise. The difference is between performance or non-performance (even there, 85kWh non performance is quite fast, just not quite as fast as performance). Really all you get for signature is to pay a little extra to get the car early and to get the option of the Signature Red color.

I would like to know how's the performance of the "General Production series" compare with the "limited-edition Signature Series". As the test drive is on the ride of the "limited-edition Signature Series". Although the limited-edition is very attractive, but I think I could not afford that price :redface:. So I would like to know the "General Production series" 's performance. Is the acceleration that good? and which battery is the best fit for my needs, so many questions, and I really want to have MS asap :tongue:

The HK Cyberport demo car is a Signature Performance model with 85kWh battery (or at least that was what I was told), and it is speed-limited to 60kph (to comply with the limited test drive road license Tesla HK have - don't worry, that limiter will be removed when the 'real' cars come to HK).

The TM website has a table to list the specs for some options:

Model S Options Pricing | Tesla Motors

Signature vs Production performance is the same.

Regards, Mark.