Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Roadster items from Tesla shopping page...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Tesla PN. They took it to a local tint shop near the SC and had it done for me as goodwill.

Is this something we can do ourselves? A simple template can be made and transferred to the clear bra material. So what is the proper clear material that will give maximum UV protection, not interfere with the clarity of the light output, and is available to purchase in small quantities?

Another question, have you noticed any change in the quality of the light output? Is the light smeared coming out of the protective layer? Any downside to this? Also, I wonder how much Tesla spent with the tint shop on the goodwill?

Is this something we can do ourselves? A simple template can be made and transferred to the clear bra material. So what is the proper clear material that will give maximum UV protection, not interfere with the clarity of the light output, and is available to purchase in small quantities?

Another question, have you noticed any change in the quality of the light output? Is the light smeared coming out of the protective layer? Any downside to this? Also, I wonder how much Tesla spent with the tint shop on the goodwill?
Any recommendations for protective covering over the HIDs?

Any recommendations for protective covering over the HIDs?
Sorry, I can't really speak to this item. Am running Tesla HIDs as installed, thus far without issue as a low-mileage driver.

You may see better info or prompt more responses on one of the headlight upgrade threads, e.g.,
Xenon HID upgrade
(This one is mostly on upgrade options, but it may touch on surface protection or direct you to a dedicated thread on it).

Am I the only one feeling certain that none of that stuff is coming back? I often wonder how much longer the 3.0 battery will even be available.

I called 2 service centers about it. The 1st said what they have on the site is what they offer. The second was more helpful and said he’d check with the National parts guy about anything at all that’s available. Called me back and said... nothing is available for purchase, but “maybe something will come down the line at some point you never know”

Am I the only one feeling certain that none of that stuff is coming back? I often wonder how much longer the 3.0 battery will even be available.

I called 2 service centers about it. The 1st said what they have on the site is what they offer. The second was more helpful and said he’d check with the National parts guy about anything at all that’s available. Called me back and said... nothing is available for purchase, but “maybe something will come down the line at some point you never know”

Speculation:
Maybe they've run out of the cosmetic stuff (carbon fiber), and are low enough on the essential items (wheels, headlights, suspension, etc) that they no longer advertise them and just save them for service needs when parts fail.

In true Tesla fashion, switching from selling to anti-selling (in this case for certain Roadster parts?).

Hence the only things they are actively selling are the cover, the bag, and the battery.

Even so, I'd rather just see a short email to Roadster owners of record if that were the case. And so I keep watching...o_O

Reactions: hsull8915
Slightly off topic but, FWIW, if anyone's looking for a CF front lip for their 1.5 or 2.0, one just popped up on eBay here along with an entire Thunder Gray front bumper cover.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
I've been meaning to update this thread based on my recent information. It took a few weeks, but I managed to acquire the Xenon Headlamp Retrofit through my service center. According to the shop foreman, a lot of the parts are still acquirable through special order. I didn't have him check on any other parts, as they were about to close, but he mentioned seeing close to 30 sets of Xenon kits in inventory.

I suppose that's better than 5 or less in stock. I'm hoping it's the same case for the rest of the parts.

I've been meaning to update this thread based on my recent information. It took a few weeks, but I managed to acquire the Xenon Headlamp Retrofit through my service center. According to the shop foreman, a lot of the parts are still acquirable through special order. I didn't have him check on any other parts, as they were about to close, but he mentioned seeing close to 30 sets of Xenon kits in inventory.

I suppose that's better than 5 or less in stock. I'm hoping it's the same case for the rest of the parts.

Got a number we can reach him at directly?