Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a week ago I clued into the fact that they had released the FSD button in Canada. I went ahead and selected it and it now shows that I'm in the FSD Beta queue. Since then I've gone for several drives, but I still don't have a safety score showing up on my app. I suspect that whatever is causing that will also prevent me from actually getting into the beta, so I figured I'd see if anyone else has had that issue and what they did to fix it.

I have been having the same problem, so I spoke to an agent via Tesla's chat feature this morning and they told me that there is a "first step" of being accepted into the FSD Program, and that "acceptance" is basically just a, "okay, thanks...now we're considering it," and it's not until you clear that step that you should receive a Safety Score. I asked if the following was the basic process to receive a Safety Score and the agent confirmed with, "yes that is the process":
  1. Request FSD Beta (car says you're in the queue)
  2. Wait to be "entered into the program" (still no Safety Score at this point)
  3. Enter into the FSD Beta program (receive Safety Score in the app)
  4. Once Safety Score above certain percentage, become eligible for FSD Beta software
So, according to the agent, when you request FSD Beta and get a notice that you're in the queue, apparently you're not really quite in the queue yet. It sounds like there is something hidden in the process before actually receiving the Safety Score.

I have been having the same problem, so I spoke to an agent via Tesla's chat feature this morning and they told me that there is a "first step" of being accepted into the FSD Program, and that "acceptance" is basically just a, "okay, thanks...now we're considering it," and it's not until you clear that step that you should receive a Safety Score. I asked if the following was the basic process to receive a Safety Score and the agent confirmed with, "yes that is the process":
  1. Request FSD Beta (car says you're in the queue)
  2. Wait to be "entered into the program" (still no Safety Score at this point)
  3. Enter into the FSD Beta program (receive Safety Score in the app)
  4. Once Safety Score above certain percentage, become eligible for FSD Beta software
So, according to the agent, when you request FSD Beta and get a notice that you're in the queue, apparently you're not really quite in the queue yet. It sounds like there is something hidden in the process before actually receiving the Safety Score.

That's interesting. The website make no mention of full self driving.

I assumed that it was required, but wanted to verify.