Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile app 3.10.0, Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

I got the update to V10 and the newest mobile app, v3.10.0. My question is about using the Homelink in the Smart Summon... When I press the Homelink button in controls I get an error that there are no Homelink garage doors near my vehicle. I'm parked directly beneath the garage door head. The Homelink in the car activates the garage door it's sitting under many times a day, so I'm confused. Does the button in the app not activate the Homelink unit in the car to activate the garage door? Or does the button try to connect directly to a garage door head (and maybe I need to configure it?)?

Another related question... I was trying to see if Smart Summon would automatically open the garage door. It did not, though I could see the Homelink popup on the screen saying it was going to close the garage in 20 feet. I saw a YouTube video of a guy (I1 Tesla, I think) doing the same test and his garage door opened and the car backed out. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bret

When I used the Homelink button in the app it did open the garage door. The car was in the garage at the time.

I believe the app button is designed to operate the Homelink transmitter in the car and thus operate the door. In your case, the car GPS must not have recognize where your car was correctly. You could look under Location in the app to see where Tesla thinks your car is.

Hopefully once you pull out of the garage and get under the GPS satellites everything will work OK.

I have the latest app (3.10.0) and homelink installed - No Control for Homelink.
As I don't have Summon Mode there is no way to enable it in my settings. - One would think it the feature would be enabled in the 'HomeLink' setting
IMG_9543E1A24715-1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: DWdrum and Scott7
Wait....seriously? I just purchased homelink on the tesla store "just" because of this feature being added to the app. It will prevent me from having to take my garage door opener to and from my car every time I need to go to my garage. I don't have FSD and I don't see why on earth they should be linked...

Reactions: AlasCon
I paid for the car. I paid for Homelink. I paid for the app. But I don’t get the Homelink button on the app for the car because I didn’t ALSO buy Autopilot? Thats some BS.

Well, I agree that if it's only on vehicles with AP/FSD, it's BS (since homelink and AP/FSD are unrelated).

BUT, BUT, BUT - we've seen these situations before and they get fixed. Besides, while you paid for homelink, you didn't pay for the remote feature. That's gravy.

SR + with AP purchased after delivery. Home Link purchased and installed after delivery. No Homelink button on the app. I went in the car while v10 was downloading and there was an on screen message to call the service center to install. I let it finish and it went away. I'm going to call ask about Homelink. If I get answer I'll post it.

Reactions: AlasCon and Shadnic
SR + with AP purchased after delivery. Home Link purchased and installed after delivery. No Homelink button on the app. I went in the car while v10 was downloading and there was an on screen message to call the service center to install. I let it finish and it went away. I'm going to call ask about Homelink. If I get answer I'll post it.
I always get call the service center during install, sometimes it flashes on the screen fast. Never had any issues with any updates. We will probably see a new updated Tesla App to include the Homelink later.

Fred