Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile car care (detailing, washes) service -- group deal, winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to pass this along as we all think about keeping our cars clean during the winter months. I've tried to do winter car washes on my own in the past and the motivation seems to dwindle as the temps approach freezing around here... Autowashes are risky in general.

I've been using a mobile detailer, Curtis (C & C Auto Detailing), for a few years and now w/ my Model S. He has the usual credentials (clients w/ Ferraris, Lambos; local sports figures, etc) and has done an excellent job on my cars. Recently, he did an exterior detail using C-Quartz Finest on my Model S -- and charged me $150 (he showed me the bottle) -- so I really don't think he has a huge markup.

Anyway, I wanted to get some group pricing (5 or more cars) going for at least monthly hand washes as follows: exterior = $25, int/exterior = $40. I'll ask for even lower pricing if the group grows to 10 or more. Of course he can do all the other detailing necessary (eg individual exterior is $125) anytime of year. He is mobile so will drive to you (assuming DC area) and brings his own water supply. Looking at his website, these are massive discounts on his regular prices.

Please let me know if any of you are interested -- btw, I'm not getting anything other than the group pricing for posting this. Thanks, guys.

Just to make this super easy, I just confirmed with Curtis that we have at least 5 people interested in the above car wash deal - between a couple owners/neighbors, Curt, slr_pwrd, Jacobp, and myself, we're good to get this started. But anyone can jump on at this point - call Curtis (C&C Auto Detail at (703) 855-8522) and just mention "Tesla Motor Club discount" or me (Kyle) and you'll be good to go.

If you've confirmed with him and/or are happy with his work, please leave a post here. If this thing grows to over 10, I will ask him for further discounts. Enjoy!

list of the detail group is growing (initials if I don't know your username):

RA
VD
dockt
Curt
slr_pwrd
JacobP
JA
EO
andrewket
swegman

Also, just to clarify, this is a running discount, anytime/anywhere (within the DC Metro Area). It's not a one-time group special.

Last edited:
Recently, he did an exterior detail using C-Quartz Finest on my Model S -- and charged me $150 (he showed me the bottle) -- so I really don't think he has a huge markup.

As a C.Quartz Finest Authorized detailer: 1- I doubt he used it on on your car (just because he showed you the bottle it doesn't mean it was applied). 2- It wasn't done properly. 3- You have no warranty on that job.

You can check carpro-us.com to find all the authorized installers in your area and he's not one of them.

A proper coating application takes time. Lots of it. A paint correction HAS to be performed to remove must surface scratches, a proper wipe down of the entire car with specific products must be done for proper coating adhesion to the surface and then the coating can go on. This takes hours and at $150.00 its impossible for him to perform that service. So you might want to have a talk with him, because whatever was applied on your car is not going to last due to bad procedure, and did I mentioned no warranty?

This is my opinion as a PROFESSIONAL detailer and AUTHORIZED installer for all the major brands of coatings out there. We have a rate we most charge that is set by the coating distributor. If something sounds too good to be true. RUN from it.

Which bottle did he show you?
Available to everyone with no warranty
C.Quartz Bottle.jpg

Available exclusively to AUTHORIZED installers. Comes with a 2yr warranty
C.Quartz Finest Bottle.png

Last edited:
Thanks, Pete. The C-quartz job was an aside to the main focus of this thread, which is mobile car washes, especially during the winter, for locals here.

There is no doubt that you get what you pay for and I think most people here can make that inference and do the research themselves. In no way did this detailer say he was an authorized dealer; he just had the stuff on him and charged me next to nothing to add it on to a regular detail. Maybe I had a nice finish to begin with, but I personally am quite satisfied with what I received and actually have not had to wash my car for several weeks since. Would I do it again? Maybe, maybe not, I'd have to find the time to sit down and look at all the marketing.

Maybe you can start a new post down in your regional forum: "BEWARE non-authorized C-Quartz people, RUN!" Just kidding.

Many thanks to Kyle for setting this up!

Curtis came to my office this afternoon for the first Winter wash. He did a great job, and I'm looking forward to using his service in the future. At $40, this is hard to beat.