Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Charger: Do I need it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange new world
Visiting a friend, “hey can I charge my car?”
In their head, don’t they think WTF??
Sorry to come across strong, but it’s like asking for money

This made me laugh - who visits a friend and offers to pay utility bills for lights, water, food, etc during the visit? None that I have ever encountered (not including going out to dinner and such and visitor offers to pay) and like what someone above said, the minor cost for this charge and the fact they came to me makes it a non-issue so much so that I never even considered that as a problem. Matter of fact, if folks visit me with an EV I often offer our level 2 charger for them if needed. No big deal :)

This made me laugh - who visits a friend and offers to pay utility bills for lights, water, food, etc during the visit? None that I have ever encountered (not including going out to dinner and such and visitor offers to pay) and like what someone above said, the minor cost for this charge and the fact they came to me makes it a non-issue so much so that I never even considered that as a problem. Matter of fact, if folks visit me with an EV I often offer our level 2 charger for them if needed. No big deal :)
Just bring wine and/or beer and that will do it

Reactions: Msjulie
If you can’t go to a friend’s place, snoop in their fridge and drop a big stinking deuce they probably aren’t your friends.