Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Wheel Guy San Diego area / Curb rash repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
My friend got this repair done today, 3 of the wheels needed some work, they came out looking new. For those that need this type of work. http://www.thewheelguysd.com/

Some pics of the work.

0EB19119-5B19-41A1-A934-9C6032217DF3.jpeg
51F769B0-52BD-4CB0-B427-A0E7A614FFCC.jpeg
092B54F7-325B-49BD-B4AF-7CA99B85EBB5.jpeg

After repair picture here:

98F39BB2-9597-4305-AEC3-16FF3350AC68.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 6thDAY
Wow that's pretty amazing!

Had my car for about 3 months now and have been super careful around curbs and potholes, but will keep his contact in mind.

What was the cost if you don't mind me asking?..you can PM me
He didn’t pass on the cost but hopefully the wheel guy can give us a San Diego Area group deal.

I have a few curb rash but not as bad as his.

Fred

I'm in the Los Angeles area, my guy charges $125, if that gives you some idea of the cost.

Obviously, this guy doesn't necessarily charge the same amount.

I've had to repair my Uberturbine wheels twice now in only five months. He comes to our house and repairs the wheel with the car parked in the driveway in about 30 minutes!

These guys are amazing. I swear you wouldn't be able to tell which wheels were repaired, when he's done.

(Not moderation content. Travis (the wheel guy) had no idea at all that I am a volunteer moderator here, and there were no pricing considerations etc extended. This is a review from a regular customer, that has nothing to do with TMC, TMC moderation, etc).

============================================

I just had Travis (company = "The Wheel Guy") mentioned by the OP of this thread out to fix (3) wheels on my two tesla vehicles. 2 Wheels on my model 3, and one on my model Y.

The model Y wheel was standard curb rash (my wife parked up against a curb, standard stuff) and one wheel on my model 3 was like that as well. The other wheel on my model 3 was more challenging however, as a lane splitting motorcycle had their peg hit my wheel (and kept going), and left a couple of fairly deep gouges.

I am extremely pleased with the results, and would whole heartedly recommend anyone in The wheel guys service area consider Travis for these type of repairs. He mentioned to me while chit chatting with me while fixing the wheels, that he has been doing this work for more than 10 years, and I felt the results really spoke to that experience.

Here is a before and after for the one with gouges. The gouges were down through the metal (wasnt just surface) and we discussed whether it would be worth it to do them or not. He thought he could get it presentable, and I am more than pleased with the results.

Before (2 pictures, same wheel)

Before a.JPG

Before B.JPG

After (he mentioned glossiness level would set over a 24 hour period)

after.JPG

Reactions: Scubamikey