Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had mobile come out once but that also was under warranty so no charge to me. However I would not be good with someone having a photo of my card on their phone. Nope, not at all. I’d call the service center they came out from and also text Support about this procedure.

It is also against Visa/Mastercard rules, they cannot keep a full copy of the number/card. Violates # 1,3,4,7,9 below...

Access Denied (not sure why the link says this - but it works for me)

• 1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
  • 2. Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.

• 3. Protect stored cardholder data.
  • 4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.

• 7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know.
  • 8. Identify and authenticate access to system components.
  • 9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data.

Hi, I'm curious if anyone had experience with mobile service that when they done with their service, asking for payment, then taking a picture of your credit card. Is this normal behavior for mobile service?

Are you sure he took a picture? I have several apps on my phone that use the camera to scan the numbers, but don't actually store the image in the phone.

Reactions: Matt L