Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mod3 delivery - pulled last minute :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gutted - received this late yesterday - was keeping calm through all this, appreciated the team were extremely busy, but for the last 12 weeks i have planned my whole life around this Mod3 delivery.

Getting extremely frustrated at this whole saga...

Anyone had any joy with complaining? and how you raised the complaint?

"
Good afternoon,

I hope you are well.

Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing a logistics delay which currently means a batch of Model 3s haven’t yet arrived at Birmingham ready to be collected tomorrow, your Model 3 is one which we are currently awaiting to arrive.

Due to it being bank holiday Monday, we are unable to retrieve any updates however we will know more tomorrow morning.

Please await a call from the delivery team to confirm whether your collection appointment will be going ahead tomorrow.

We appreciate your patience and will be in contact tomorrow. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

UK Delivery Team

91-99 Summerhill Road, Birmingham, B1 3RH"

Finally after weeks of no contact - got a call from Tesla. It will either be late today or i have informed them it will need to be next week, 2nd September. Actually i think i prefer that, 69 plate reg (whatever they say, it will make a small difference, especially for re-sale) also my Son can come with me to the appointment (he's away on holiday at the minute)....

Reactions: Fullerene
Same problem. Was also due to pick up from Birmingham tomorrow.
I've never had a delivery experience as bad as this. No communication after order, no phone number to dial, no communication until just a couple of days before alleged delivery, and now delivery delayed (or maybe not). I'm hoping the car is better than the service...

Luckily for me.. I was called late yesterday by Tesla Delivery.
I suggested that due to the delay, i could not pick up for rest of this week.
I asked if possible to re-arrange for Monday 2nd Sept as final date.

"No problem at all - we will set that up for you and will assign you a 69 plate".
Next received email with confirmation of final payment, appointment for Monday 2nd Sept and the new reg :)

So a delay - but at least i wasn't shunted to back of queue for requesting delay, hope everyone else delayed gets similar story.

Reactions: Roy W.
So many - i was originally told late July, then mid August, then finally yesterday, now been set as 2nd September.

The only actual confirmed appointment was was 27 August. email from Tesla on bank holiday to say this would like be delayed due to transport issues, i sent an email stating how while i have been very patient, this delay was frustrating. They called and said they were waiting on delivery but could not confirm time. Late afternoon at approx 4pm they said the car had finally arrived and if i wanted i could pick it up, i pressed and they said it would be a push to get it detailed and ready in time. I then suggested i would prefer Monday, 2nd September but ONLY if that would be FINAL and the car would still be available, at which point they confirmed.

I then received email of confirmation of appointment, final deposit value and Tesla bank details and finally my 69 reg for insurance

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
So many - i was originally told late July, then mid August, then finally yesterday, now been set as 2nd September.

The only actual confirmed appointment was was 27 August. email from Tesla on bank holiday to say this would like be delayed due to transport issues, i sent an email stating how while i have been very patient, this delay was frustrating. They called and said they were waiting on delivery but could not confirm time. Late afternoon at approx 4pm they said the car had finally arrived and if i wanted i could pick it up, i pressed and they said it would be a push to get it detailed and ready in time. I then suggested i would prefer Monday, 2nd September but ONLY if that would be FINAL and the car would still be available, at which point they confirmed.

I then received email of confirmation of appointment, final deposit value and Tesla bank details and finally my 69 reg for insurance

So was the car delivered as promised?
I wonder what would happen if you don't go and collect the car on the allocated date just cos they didn't ring to confirm. Could you go the following day?

See below...

Attachments

• TeslaDel.jpg
    TeslaDel.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 63
  • TeslaDel2.jpg
    TeslaDel2.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 45
So was the car delivered as promised?
I wonder what would happen if you don't go and collect the car on the allocated date just cos they didn't ring to confirm. Could you go the following day?

From personal experience :-D

I was called away unexpectedly so I emailed them 2x before the delivery date with no response. Day after the delivery date I emailed them again and got a phone call from Edinburgh (the delivery centre the car was at) within 5 minutes recognising I had emailed them and asking when I could pick the car up. At that point I could see the car in the app. Dare I say it made the delivery process a little easier as they were able to give me my registration number over the phone. I may just have been lucky, the week I picked the car up it didn't look like they were too busy but as I was picking it up 4 truckloads of model 3s arrived so it may be that I hit a sweet spot where they couldn't reallocate the car and had enough capacity to reschedule.