Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3’s available Nov/Dec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought these weren't available. How is this available to buy from existing inventory? Also how is this priced at $58k with Auto Pilot included??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011_134900.jpg
    Screenshot_20221011_134900.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 157
All modern Teslas have basic lane keeping "Autopilot" and are FSD "capable". If FSD is actually included, it will clearly state that.

Tesla has secretly started offering 2023 models thru their "inventory" channel for some reason. Likely because they want to get some ultrasonic-less cars on American roads for beta testing but don't want prominent public pricing on their home page to suddenly change from $58K to well under $55K on Jan1 to meet the tax credit limits.

All modern Teslas have basic lane keeping "Autopilot" and are FSD "capable". If FSD is actually included, it will clearly state that.

Tesla has secretly started offering 2023 models thru their "inventory" channel for some reason. Likely because they want to get some ultrasonic-less cars on American roads for beta testing but don't want prominent public pricing on their home page to suddenly change from $58K to well under $55K on Jan1 to meet the tax credit limits.
Interesting. Looks like these are still at $58k for now.

I was checking the Tesla site today and noticed a bunch of 2023 Model 3 LR are for sale. This just happened. I thought you couldn’t order a M3LR?

The cool part is they aren’t adding FSD automatically. Before, everything on the site had FSD at $15k.

A37C5924-3216-4C28-8A56-22C48F7D91FA.png

It's very clear if you look towards the bottom of each car's listing. It says "Expected to be built and available for delivery in Nov-Dec" (emphasis added by me on Expected). It looks like they are taking pre-order reservations for 2023 models they expect to start building later this fall their expectation is to ship them to locations as "inventory".

Reactions: afadeev
It's very clear if you look towards the bottom of each car's listing. It says "Expected to be built and available for delivery in Nov-Dec" (emphasis added by me on Expected). It looks like they are taking pre-order reservations for 2023 models they expect to start building later this fall their expectation is to ship them to locations as "inventory".
nope. those are likely just cars slotted for prior orders which got cancelled and those order slots are now opened up. the car is getting produced regardless but the buyer will have to change

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
I was checking the Tesla site today and noticed a bunch of 2023 Model 3 LR are for sale. This just happened. I thought you couldn’t order a M3LR?

Tesla is still building M3LR's, they are just not opening them up for "custom" ordering.

The cool part is they aren’t adding FSD automatically. Before, everything on the site had FSD at $15k.

On new cars, you can ask Tesla SC to "remove" FSD, and they will do it. Price drops by $15K when you do that.

Of course. Why would you want to wait for a car that’s in stock? Lol

Most of these are NOT in stock. They are in the build queue.
And you might VERY much want to delay delivery until 2023 to qualify for various tax (state and federal) incentives.
Assuming, that is, that you can squeeze under the income limit.

It's very clear if you look towards the bottom of each car's listing. It says "Expected to be built and available for delivery in Nov-Dec" (emphasis added by me on Expected).

That disclaimer is always there for all vehicles in the build queue.
Tesla makes no firm commitments on delivery. Ever.

nope. those are likely just cars slotted for prior orders which got cancelled and those order slots are now opened up. the car is getting produced regardless but the buyer will have to change

That's not the case.
For one thing, there are FAR to many of LRs in the "inventory". In my area, ~50% of all "inventory" cars are LRs.
I had asked that exact question to my local SC sales reps, and they confirmed that they are getting a lot of brand new LRs through the "inventory" channel, just not through "custom" order path.

Bingo!
Tesla will not miss the $55K Federal (and many States') MSRP threshold.
They will de-content the LR to squeeze right under $55K after 1/1/23.
Until then, they are collecting three more grand per car, while they can.

HTH,
a

If you are looking to buy a new M3, look at the existing inventory.
Many do not include the options of Autopilot or FSD.
They also do not include the Performance package which is being forced down your throat now if you want to order a AWD/LR model. They are thousands of dollars less than if you order. Just saying….

Along with that, I think a lot of people are holding their orders until 2023 to see what will happen, in case Tesla adjusts any pricing to get the Model 3 LR to qualify for the tax rebate. (I'm one of them)
I can't figure out why Tesla would care if the M3LR qualifies for a consumer tax rebate. They would have to lower the price for it qualify, no? And why would they do that when the car is selling just fine at its all time high price?

Reactions: Carolina Karl