Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accepts ApplePay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heh, I’ve seen this mentioned once before. iPhone getting confused from the RFID reader for the key card. I bet Apple can update iOS to ignore RFID signals from Tesla manufacturer codes or something like that.

So have you changed your mind and decided that you need/want EAP? If so, why? (Is it just because of TACC?)

Read your comment to K-MTG. Speaking about getting EAP or not, my husband just took our MS in for uncorking and yellow screen issue on Friday and now has a S 90D early 2017 build loaner with 6,000+ miles on it in the meantime. Base model--with the multi-fabric seats, non-alcantera finishes, piano black trim and solid roof. Still very nice car and feels great although we like our PUP package on our S better. One thing he said he misses on this loaner is the EAP with car spacing setting, TACC. This basic non-EAP Model S has standard cruise control only which he hadn't realized until he was driving and suddenly realized the car was getting too close to the one in front of it. This was our first Tesla loaner car without EAP we've driven and he commented just today that he can't see buying a car now with out EAP...and he doesn't use all the features of it. He really loves that car spacing feature that much when driving in heavier traffic. So just a point of reference from an owner with it and going to a car without it.

Another thing about our loaner that struck me funny was when he asked me to come around to the rear of the car and motioned for me to activate the trunk opening. No powered liftgate, and on a MS it's actually quite heavy to lift. He said he's been spoiled by our car. Since the Model 3 doesn't have all the glass to lift when opening the trunk, I suspect it's much lighter and more like opening my ICE's non-hatchback trunk. I know there will be more differences between our S and Model 3 so I'm dying to meet more Model 3 owners and check out their cars before getting our invite but I know for sure we'll be ordering the EAP. We have SAS on our MS so that's really the next big deciding factor for us.

Last edited:
So have you changed your mind and decided that you need/want EAP? If so, why? (Is it just because of TACC?)

I initially planned to get the standard range Model 3 with PUP + EAP...but later bought first production with LR + PUP. I will likely buy it later but since my 3 is the “spare” car...I didn’t really need it. My X is my main driver...but I do miss ACC but I don’t think it’s worth $6k.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm