Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accident at NE 70th on 405N

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good discussion on the various aspects of the car being totaled guys saved me some research time. :) Appreciate it and will refer to it once we know the final details from the shop and insurance.

What's current market value of your car? Only when the damage reaches 75% (it's actually 51 to 80% but alot depends on how they reach that number)of market value is it deemed a total lloss. I use 75% because that's typically where the magic number lands for most ins companies. Depending on his insurance company it could be +/- depending on how the value is reached.

Rear Ended :-(

See pictures. This is a specific example of a car with an ACV of $55k (paid out to the owner - apparently this was an effective 5k loss to the owner?) and a damage estimate of $25k. (So in this case damage was 45% of market value; not even 50%.) It was deemed a total loss (can read thread if you want but that is the summary), so according to my original point, this means that the insurance company thinks they will get more than ~$30k at auction for the vehicle (seems reasonable). Might be a little less than $30k; they could get a little less and still come out ahead, because the damage estimate does not include various other expenses (like a DOV claim, rental costs, etc.).

This car looks a lot better than the car in question in this thread! Looks can be deceiving of course.

Last edited: