Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 and Model Y Brake Caliper Bolts Inspection Service Appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email from Tesla stating:

Tesla has decided to proactively recall certain Model 3 and Model Y vehicles to inspect brake caliper bolts. This recall applies to certain Model 3 vehicles built between December 2018 and March 2021 and certain Model Y vehicles built between January 2020 and January 2021. Our records indicate that your vehicle(s), , may be affected by this recall.

I was going to schedule an appointment for this recall but then I started to question if Tesla would say anything about my car being lowered when I take it in? Should I mention that its lowered in the notes? Could they void my warranty for things down the road due to the motifications?

I received an email from Tesla stating:

Tesla has decided to proactively recall certain Model 3 and Model Y vehicles to inspect brake caliper bolts. This recall applies to certain Model 3 vehicles built between December 2018 and March 2021 and certain Model Y vehicles built between January 2020 and January 2021. Our records indicate that your vehicle(s), , may be affected by this recall.

I was going to schedule an appointment for this recall but then I started to question if Tesla would say anything about my car being lowered when I take it in? Should I mention that its lowered in the notes? Could they void my warranty for things down the road due to the motifications?

Unless you never intend to take your car to tesla for service, ever, they are going to see you have lowered it. Note, that tesla can not invalidate "the warranty" if you mean the entire new car warranty, because you have your car lower than factory spec. They CAN however, deny warranty coverage for things that might be impacted by lowering the car. Things like suspension parts, possibly damage to the undercarriage of the car due to dragging, etc.

They can not deny (for example) a battery degradation claim, or, for example, a claim for the screen going out, or the computer, or seat motors, or, or. Just things connected to the suspension.

I received an email first followed by a letter both from Tesla. Mine was manufactured 11/19. Also to follow up I finally called and had them come out. The tech didn’t even lift the car or say anything about it being lower. The tech came to the garage with a torque wrench and reached around each wheel to check the spec and left within 2 minutes of saying hi. He said all were tight and within spec.