Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 approaches Camry levels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Washington state about 30 minutes outside Seattle and Redmond. Any time I drive into town I can easily count a dozen Tesla's on the highway and a couple dozen more in town. I've been watching the Model 3's in my work's parking lot climb pretty steadily too - at least one additional every month or two. I love how prevalent they are becoming but I agree it would be nice to see more variance.

heh heh. There are 3 other blue model 3's in our area. We have been parked to close to one of them at least a couple times. A couple of them have aero covers on and the other two go without the covers. We put ours on in winter as it is easier to clean them than the rims. Now that we have our Aeros on for the winter its hard to get confused with the other blue Teslas. :)

50711223276_d82b9dae48_c.jpg

I like the looks. What wheel wrap kit is that?

I like the looks. What wheel wrap kit is that?

We got it from EV annex but I don’t see it on their website right now. It was cheap but we got our PPF guy to put it on as he is more experienced with that kind of thing. He said he can reproduce the pieces if need be. It’s a small simple pattern.

Wonder what it would look like if they were chrome wrap pieces instead. :).

View attachment 618032 I was sitting in my blue model 3 waiting for a small pick up order at the hardware store when someone popped open the trunk and started loading my order. But it was way too many things, thinking they had me confused with another customer I got out and it was some guy with a shopping cart of bird food etc. He was surprised when I got out of "his" car! His blue Tesla model 3 was parked just over 2 stalls away! He was able to open my trunk because I was in the unlocked car and he assumed it was his since it opened!

So, there's these two good old boys that each bought a horse at the auction. They got them back to the property and were ready to put them in the corral. When one says to the other, how are we going to tell them apart?

Hmm, other scratches his head. I know, you cut your horse's tail the way you wish, and I will cut mine. Then we will be able to tell them apart. "Hey, good idea." So, it goes, cut, cut, and cut. They step back ready to turn them loose and realize that they have cut both tails absolutely identical.

"Oh shucks, what can we do?" The other says, "I know, you cut your horse's mane and I will cut mine. "Yep, that'll work. So it goes, cut, cut, and cut a little more. They step back ready to turn them loose and again realize that they have cut both manes exactly alike.

"What they heck are we gonna do now? There's nuthin' left to cut." The other, "well, there's only one thing like to do. You take the white one, and I'll take the black one."

The main thing I don't like is that the Model Y looks SO MUCH LIKE THE 3! It's way too close. Now, it looks good I'll give it that because the 3 is beautiful, but it just adds more of that look to an already popular EV on the road. This is not meant to insult Model Y owners, but I would prefer Tesla make each car a little more different when it comes to their front 'face'.
3 to y.gif

When I bought my first Tesla, a 2018 model 3 LRRWD, here in the northeast Teslas were pretty rare. The golf course where I play, usually has at least 3 Teslas in the parking lot. One of them is the exact car I have. So far I haven’t parked next to it.

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) much?
Nah, more of OFD and a sprinkle of G&G. Old Fart Disorder coupled with some Grumpy and Grumpier. 30 years of driving - some as an ALMS racecar engineer, some as a Group N rallye codriver, will do that to you. Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas.
I am in NY. I've never seen another blue model 3 here.
Plenty of blues across Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, etc. Generally there are so many Model 3s and Ys in the Tri-State that SCs MSs and certified body shops can't keep up with everything from noob nags to near-totaled damage claims.