Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Autopilot Free Upgrade for 2019 Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me be clear.. I was asking this forum a question if they've had similar guidance from Tesla.

The reality is, since receiving this email from Customer Support and ONE follow up "escalating the issue to the team processing", I haven't been able to get anyone at Tesla to give me a clear answer on what's next. Anyone on the phone gives me the run around. I'm thinking of visiting a sales/service center but before I did I wanted to ask the forum if they've gotten similar messages from Tesla.

Maybe they'll just offer FSD for $3k less than the current price (so down to $4k since we've taken delivery). However, given they never updated the website to show free AP, I'm more inclined to think it was a confused agent - the date of the letter was right after the time of the price decrease and the mess of trying to give recent buyers something in return. If they had meant free for everyone in 2019 I think the order page would have been updated sometime during the 6 weeks after. For anyone who really did get it for free, you scored a deal.

All I can say is , I received AP yesterday at my delivery and it shows 0.00 for AP on description. Now the question is, did they raise my base price(35000) or my long range AWD(14500) and pearl white(1500) for total of 51000???....the answer is no(ie-not 53k)...I was charged 51000 plus 1200 destination/doc fee and I ended received my 3440.00 adjustment/discount as promised ...so I paid 47560(which was 500 more than promised but I wasn't complaining for free AP).

I have pearl white, LR AWD, with AP just to be clear with 7 miles on it at pick up.

All I can say is , I received AP yesterday at my delivery and it shows 0.00 for AP on description. Now the question is, did they raise my base price(35000) or my long range AWD(14500) and pearl white(1500) for total of 51000???....the answer is no(ie-not 53k)...I was charged 51000 plus 1200 destination/doc fee and I ended received my 3440.00 adjustment/discount as promised ...so I paid 47560(which was 500 more than promised but I wasn't complaining for free AP).

I have pearl white, LR AWD, with AP just to be clear with 7 miles on it at pick up.
You got an incredible deal. I paid $54,700 for a black awd in January and then $2k for autopilot when the sale happened. I highly doubt I will get that $2k back. Tesla has turned into every other car dealership now. Each person gets a different deal based on when they walked in the store and who was working that day.

Whoa. So my initial price for a SR+ was $39500 w/o autopilot. So is this thread telling me my order will have autopilot included for no additional charge and maybe a possible discount?

Edit. Ordered before the price change.
These are the exact rumors we had in March about free Autopilot for all of us who bought before the $4k price drop. And it never happened even though people in customer service said it would. I don’t see Tesla giving away anything for free. They are forcing everyone to buy Autopilot for $2k is what the latest price change amounts to. It’s free money for Tesla and they need it.

• Informative
Reactions: TMThree

Hi There,

I saw your post about reduced pricing for Autopilot with your recent purchase. I ordered my Model 3 Long range rear wheel drive and have it scheduled for delivery next week. Before the April 11 price changes, I had paid additional $3,000 for Autopilot.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your invoice indicating that Autopilot is included at no additional cost? My delivery advisor doesn't seem to be aware of the latest price changes.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I am in the same boat with the model x, getting mothing

I received delivery of a Model 3 (MR) February 26th, 4 days after they announced the price changes (ouch!). With the new 7 day return policy i tried to see whether or not that applied to previously delivered cars - the answer was a clear no (was worth trying).

They did point out that any car delivered without AP in 2019 would receive the upgrade for free. I have this in writing (attached). This was back on March 5th. Since then I've received 0 communications from Tesla, reached out at least 6 times with no response.

Has anyone else in the same situation experiencing something similar? Is there a specific number/department I should be calling?

I’m in the AP and EAP/FSD trial after purchase and taking delivery. The offer for pre-delivery was AP for $3,000. Then they put $3,500 post delivery in trial. Then this mandatory AP thing happens and it’s $2,000 included in the price. So that day my preview says $2,500. So I call Tesla, they send me to the local sales center. Someone will give you a call back, they tell me. No return call. Try to call later in the day and no answer all day. Then next day, the price for AP is $3,000 in the preview. Meanwhile, I’m getting shuffled around as I try to talk to someone about it.

Yes, it’s a nice product , but this just puts a really bad taste in my mouth about this company.