Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 back Seat fold flat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully my post made it through to Elon. Magic Seats - A solution to trunk/cargo problem. Afterall my idea of removing dashboard did :)
Honda-Jazz-Magic-Seats-Long-Mode.jpg

Honda-Jazz-Magic-Seats-Tall-Mode.jpg

Honda-Jazz-Magic-Seats-Refresh-Mode.jpg
Absolutely great. I will have to remember not to use that during AP.

To me the lie flat is just the subtext. Main event is that they've improved trunk opening. Looks good!

There is nothing new regarding the larger opening Elon has promised. This is an old picture.

but will they fold 60/40?

One would certainly hope so.
Rumors and more rumors. We won't know anything more until the next reveal.

While I don't believe much of what "sources" tell these guys about the car, I will say that there's a difference between "fold flat" and "fold down". The Bloomberg article makes note of the difference - the Model S folds down, but not quite flat. The idea is that the Model 3 will fold completely flat, which would be useful for the author's purpose of camping in the back (albeit on his side, in the fetal position).

Certainly no rumor is "news", but I do think the difference is worth pointing out.

While I don't believe much of what "sources" tell these guys about the car, I will say that there's a difference between "fold flat" and "fold down". The idea is that the Model 3 will fold completely flat, which would be useful for the author's purpose of camping in the back (albeit on his side, in the fetal position).
A single person should be able to sleep at an angle and stretch out completely without having to curl up, if there are two of you though, it's going to be a tight squeeze.

Also, I won't use it for camping/sleeping (my hammock is way more comfortable) but it seems to me that it having a trunk as opposed to a hatch makes it a bit less conducive to "camping mode". At a rest area or campground you can see someone crawling into their open hatch and know what they're doing. On the other hand, seeing someone crawl into the trunk of their car is going to look a bit odd ...

A single person should be able to sleep at an angle and stretch out completely without having to curl up, if there are two of you though, it's going to be a tight squeeze.

Also, I won't use it for camping/sleeping (my hammock is way more comfortable) but it seems to me that it having a trunk as opposed to a hatch makes it a bit less conducive to "camping mode". At a rest area or campground you can see someone crawling into their open hatch and know what they're doing. On the other hand, seeing someone crawl into the trunk of their car is going to look a bit odd ...

I'm going to be crawling into my trunk at a rest stop near you. Stay tuned.

I have and idea..... Lets lobby for 2 things.

1. Getting the drivers seat to lay flat
2. Take a deep breath because this one is absolutely fantastic - Here we go - ......

Lets lobby to have part of the dash board to collapse also in order to get us access to use the frunk space as well.
Whooahhh.. Can you imagine that? A bumper to bumper rolling bed. A ludicrous bed. A 2.9 sec 0-69 bed.

• Funny
Reactions: garsh
Would this mean that the front seats definitely don't fold? How hard is that to engineer now, really, for the added utility? 5'6" is pretty bad. Had the front seat folded at least a bit, a simple inflatable part would fill the space behind it for a very decent matras. Heck, it could be a two-part L shaped matrass to adjust to the stuff stored behind the front seat.

Would this mean that the front seats definitely don't fold? How hard is that to engineer now, really, for the added utility? 5'6" is pretty bad. Had the front seat folded at least a bit, a simple inflatable part would fill the space behind it for a very decent matras. Heck, it could be a two-part L shaped matrass to adjust to the stuff stored behind the front seat.
I agree. I wish there was a way to type what you said.....LOUDER.

Lemme see, how did we get here? Talking about the trunk length; someone said musk said mountain bike would fit and asserted standard mountain bike is 5'6"; that transformed into "trunk is 5'6""; now tesla engineers are weak because they don't fold front seats (which we do not know as fact) to extend the 5'6" (that we don't know as fact)... Or did I miss a fact based post?

I'm going to start selling model 3 chill pills! Make a fortune!

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3