Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - BMS_a174 - Unable to charge, Disconnect and retry error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps this may helpful for anyone who encounters this. From Tesla service notes: "Replaced Fast Charge HV Battery Power Switch". Cost me $785. Ouch.

Fixed the issue, though. Back to supercharging.
Thanks for the note @schrodarkian. Just happened to me as well and I have to say, I’m surprised it’s a thing that happens without signs of something brewing (could be dangerous in extreme temperatures). Would you mind my asking what kind of mileage and charging habits ? I’m a little over 68k miles with >90% supercharging so I can see that contactors have worked hard already but I’ve read threads where someone had 15k miles and 30ish % DCFC….

Hey sorry just saw this. Sure, I've been supercharging this thing a lot as I have free supercharging and use it for our family trips (bought back in 2018) so I've gotten my money's worth out of this car! ;)

Probably about 75% SC, had about 80k miles when it failed? FWIW haven't had any problems since this (obligatory knock on wood).

Hey sorry just saw this. Sure, I've been supercharging this thing a lot as I have free supercharging and use it for our family trips (bought back in 2018) so I've gotten my money's worth out of this car! ;)

Probably about 75% SC, had about 80k miles when it failed? FWIW haven't had any problems since this (obligatory knock on wood).
Thank you , I appreciate you looping back.