Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Car Full Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, guys
Recently I want to buy a model 3 full cover, I saw it on the official website of Tesla, but I think the price is too expensive. Have you bought the model 3 car cover on other platforms? I hardly find the custom fit for model 3 on amazon, but I search one which calls BougeRV for Tesla Model 3 Car Cover All Weather Outdoor Waterproof Windproof Dustproof UV Protection Cover with Adjustable Buckle Straps and Reflective Strips.
Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RWFX8NM?ref=myi_title_dp

Have anyone bought this Cover? I hope you guys could give me some advice. Thanks

Not sure whether this is just marketing, but Tesla says that their covers are designed to allow air flow around the car's ventilation ports so you can charge with the cover on, and third party covers may cause overheating.

I'm sure there are some third party covers that fulfill this criteria as well. Just something to keep in mind!

You probably already know this, but make sure your car (and the inside of the cover) is absolutely spotless before putting a car cover on it, especially if it's going to be outside in the elements. Any dirt on the surface will act as sand paper and cause damage to the paint.
I do several paint correction jobs every year from people who think they are protecting their car by using a car cover, but instead they cause more severe damage. Just a friendly PSA.

I bought the the one from Tesla and love it. Fits like a glove and great material. I wouldn’t buy from any one but Tesla on this item.

Beside the price, I can see two major differences between the Tesla $300 (indor) / $350 (outdoor) and the BougeRV $70:
- There is no access to the charging port.
- There is no opening for the air vent used to cool the battery.

1135830-00-A_0.jpg

71MO9J3VRoL._SL1100_.jpg

Great thread. I have a tree at the house I'm renting- and it's getting sap and leaves all over my old car. I pick up my Tesla on Monday and was trying to figure out how to protect it. Maybe taking a a cover off an on isn't the best of ideas due to paint scratch.

Anyone have any issues with dyed covers bleeding if outside in the rain/sun?
I've never seen this, but I've seen abrasion from wind buffeting the cover over the paint.
I've also seen permanent clear coat staining from moisture being held against the paint for along period of time, but this is only with the plastic type covers, not the breathable fabric ones.

Reactions: SunTek
Looks like BougeRV has a new Full Car Cover on amazon with cutouts for both the cooling fans and charge port? Any opinions? Much cheaper than the Tesla cover, and my experience is that they need replaced after a few years, as they get too dirt to keep using. I need to leave my car outside, sometimes for weeks, when I travel, under trees that the birds love to do their business from.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZPS57X7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AWA4NAV5T95KM&psc=1

Any idea on who the manufacturer is?

I’m happy to buy Tesla’s but it’s always out of stock.

I gave in and purchased the Tesla branded cover and have been using it consistently for about 3 months now.

It takes me less than a minute to put on/take off and it fills the frunk--loosely rolled up.

If the car is getting dirty from use I'll give it a wash and then cover it. It spends almost no time sitting uncovered unless if its in use.

I have noticed that the waterproofing on the top wares off fairly quickly. If there is a heavy downpour the car gets wet, but because the cover is breathable, it also dries completely. After asking Tesla and not getting a response about improving/maintaining the water repellent, I'm planning to use Nikwax Solar Proof on the center section to improve the cover's weather resiliency.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
You probably already know this, but make sure your car (and the inside of the cover) is absolutely spotless before putting a car cover on it, especially if it's going to be outside in the elements. Any dirt on the surface will act as sand paper and cause damage to the paint.
I do several paint correction jobs every year from people who think they are protecting their car by using a car cover, but instead they cause more severe damage. Just a friendly PSA.
What about if you are indoors and very dusty? I only put on when freshly washed and not going to drive for a week or more and thereby avoid thick coat of dust when next I drive. I never put on if not freshly hand washed (usually by me!)