Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 crash in Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if the car isnt engulfed in flames im pretty sure the battery isnt ruptured and in thermal runaway. So if they have to do it for every EV crash, dont they damage the hell out of the car doing it ? Imagine a front impact and the airbags deploy and bumper is screwed up, then they pick it up and put it in the big red box, inevitably hitting the sides of the container and scratching/denting the car even more adding thousands to the repair, or totaling it because they pushed the damage margin too high. Seems pretty stupid overkill.

I think this caught more attention of news outlet because of the first time using this special container to handle any cases where the EV caught fire.

But, what a sad story. How devastating for the other family to lose their loved ones because someone crossed over the line. I wish all roads with high speeds had barriers in the middle to at least try to reduce the chance of head on collisions with oncoming traffic.

I think this caught more attention of news outlet because of the first time using this special container to handle any cases where the EV caught fire.

But, what a sad story. How devastating for the other family to lose their loved ones because someone crossed over the line. I wish all roads with high speeds had barriers in the middle to at least try to reduce the chance of head on collisions with oncoming traffic.

It seems that it was the Tesla that crossed over the line.